Brain Dump #4 - When and How Do We Scale?

Super impressed with this brain dump. Well thought out, really explained, and you seem to have the pulse of this DAO.

I have been a bit newer to participation in this DAO, but have been paying close attention to everything happening in FWB. I couldn’t quite put my finger on why I felt FWB was farther ahead of Bankless, but I think you really hit the nail on the head with this post.

In FWB, the bi-weekly townhall has great engagement, the projects are well coordinated and seem to move ahead at near lightning speed and it’s still early days. Perhaps FWB is less decentralized than Bankless, but I don’t think that is entirely important this early on, and you point out some really interesting thoughts about why in your post and I agree.

I also think that treasury diversification is necessary. Spending Bankless on everything is not a good long term game plan for obvious reasons. The lack of liquidity and utility is a problem long term (it’s still early and I’m super confident the talent within Bankless can begin to create revenues, grow liquidity and create more utility).

Onboarding is key to the right kind of membership growth and I think what FWB is doing with seasonal NFT memberships is interesting, but has to be coupled with a really strong and competent onboarding process.

Regarding compensation, this is massively important. I like this post from Adam Cochran: https://twitter.com/adamscochran/status/1305200893319618560?lang=en

I view key contributors, devs, employees of the DAO, etc. as vital as a dev to sushi. They have to be compensated and compensated well if we want this DAO to flourish. I like some of the ideas around GIVE tokens and coordinape experiements - time will tell if they are working or not, but I like that we are playing around with this ideas.

Lastly, and I’m sorry for so many FWB comparisons, but we launched the FWB Metaverse channel for people that were interested in somehow creating an FWB city in the Metaverse. The project does not yet have funding, but it felt so organic the way this came to be. We reached out to key people in FWB with a proposal and it was immediately considered and early direction was given. We’ve stalled a bit during FWB fundraise situation, but the flow to participate and contribute was really open. The Hackathon seems like it was a great event, and FWB is just firing on all cylinders atm. I know Bankless can do the same with the immense talent we have here

Thanks so much for your contributions.

RG