[Draft 1] Firming up Governance

I know the grants committee has loose quorum requirements right now for things to go to forums first but unclear if they’re flat or not. Only thing I’ve heard is 20 votes and majority before moving from GC to Forums. I’d like know how people feel that has been working, especially the GC.

I understand the confusion around if something will go to GC or not. Would be clear for that to have been more clear for the Tokemak or Olympus Pro proposals. I feel like there’s room for stuff like these proposals to go to Snapshot but should have a more established process with more guardrails in place.

On quorum. I’m not into these numbers? GC is an elected body from within the DAO and is meant to be the ultimate sanity check on our proposals. I can see different numbers being needed for forum quorum depending on if a proposal is next going to GC or Snapshot.

Clarification on voting requirements, is it for two choice voting refer to the %, if there are more than two choices simple majority? I feel like we maybe just shouldn’t be using more than two choice polls on forums. If you feel a proposal needs further revision that vote should be a simple no. If you’re unclear on a point then ask for clarification and vote after you get it or vote no if it’s not addressed. That’s a bigger ask but setting up all your proposals with 3 options is a good way to secure a positive response more often.

Agree that it should be mandatory for snapshot to link back to the forum proposal. That’s necessary for GC, snapshot shouldn’t be different.

nitpick for the spec, I feel it would be clearer if second bullet under “What Goes to Snapshot?” was changed to “Seasonal Project and Guild Funding” or “Season Grants Committee and Guild Funding”

metrics on how many people have been using the forums and voting on proposals would be helpful in both determining quorum and if we have an issue that not enough people are participating