Brain Dump #1 - Governance, Revenue, & BANK

@frogmonkee
Thank you for this thoughtful post as well as your writers guild coordination. Prior to reading this, I was unsure how I might contribute to the DAO - possibly as a writer. However, your ideas about DAO best practices speak to me.
My crypto journey started with a smattering of white papers, Medium articles, and YouTube channels. It wasn’t until I discovered Bankless this time last year that my interests and activities formed structure and purpose. I must’ve read “Going Bankless: The Ultimate Guide” 50 times in an effort to level up every day and week. I refer all of crypto-curious friends to that post.
Back to your post…I’m wondering if we can organize, create, and continually revise a Bankless DAO primer; engagement guide, roadmap for leveling up?
I’m not a dev, but I do run a multi-billion dollar company in real life. I’d like to throw my hat in to help you organize your ideas and see them through to action.
Cheers!
0xHouston

1 Like

It would be great if we stick to 1 person 1 vote. No matter how much BANK you hold.

1 Like

@bau - You’re at Raidguild??? Dude, I love your products and the brand. That’s where I got the Guild idea from.

@Kouros - I agree with the portal idea. We should purchase that domain ASAP.

@unknownunknowns - All good questions. I think we’re starting to see the beginnings of a more informal version of trad-corp structure with many more functions.

@birchbranch - I’m generally a fan of quadratic voting, but this is one of those problems that already has answer and we haven’t found them yet. Basically what I was referring to in the personal plug for me mirror.xyz submission.

@0xHouston - Multi-billion??? Got some high rollers in here. Really excited to see where you fit into all this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Happy to vote for you on WRITE. By the way, anyone can join the waitlist and got 10 votes. I just did that, and set a reminder for Wednesday. :rocket:

2 Likes

This is awesome… the community only matures and builds momentum to the extent that it can gain structure through coherent presentation of thoughts like these. Because community and buy-in are central to a bankless (lowercase b) or DeFi world, it’s insanely exciting to think about how Bankless is positioned for the future. Thank you again. Am proud to be charging ahead with everyone here!

1 Like

@frogmonkee
Yes! That’s super cool, “Guild” is the perfect term for what we’re starting here, it captures the essence of what we’re going to build!

I would love to see Bankless also get a real DAO setup on https://DAOhaus.club, I think it is the perfect software for creating an on chain identity without much maintenance or overhead from DAO members

1 Like

@frogmonkee @bau - What are your thoughts for proceeding? Setup a governance team an channel in Discord?

1 Like

I think that would be best. The general consensus is that we don’t need a formal proposal to form the guild. I think the guild participants could govern themselves. Maybe we set up a voice call with everyone that signed up on the spreadsheet. Then we can talk about organization structure and governance of the guild. Maybe guild members nominate themselves or other members for positions and we vote on them as a guild.

1 Like

which spreadsheep? [so much flying around, I may have missed it]

@Ap0ll0517 At this point, I think the Guild exists. There’s a Gitbook (wiki) being worked on for Guild resources. We’ll add info on how people can join. I do like the community calls though.

@birchbranch Creation of the Writer's Guild

1 Like

@frogmonkee, you’re thinking that you’re brain dump manifesto on DAO governance fits within the writer’s guild? …essentially start writing about best practice for this DAO? e.g., a getting started guide?

1 Like

Depends on if people agree with what I’m saying. Writing opinions vs turning it into a manifesto are two very different things.

1 Like

this might be an awesome thing to consider: http://squaddao.com/

I found out about it from the team that builds BarnBridge! (tokenized risk protocol)

It was in one of their project calls.

4 Likes

One idea to broaden the media network:

• Create or recruit additional podcasts to bring under the umbrella of bankless. It is not uncommon for podcasts to band together under podcast networks to take advantage of advertising and distribution scale. A few examples include Earwolf, Gimlet, Podcast One among others. We would want to be very selective but if we are to grow this thing surely Ryan and David can’t do it all.
3 Likes

Yes 100% love this idea. You put what I was visualizing into words. Would love to start a podcast as part of the BanklessDAO collective and help others do the same. We could just require each podcast to meet the standards put forward in the Media Content strategy Season 0 Marketing Blitz

4 Likes

I’m super bullish on this kick-ass article @frogmonkee :boom: :boom:

3 Likes

Hey @frogmonkee i’m on the mirror.xyz waitlist to upvote your proposal (I believe next round of voting is on Thursday).

2 Likes

come on guys, this post is so important to understand this Bankless DAO.

I think we should sticky this to the “start-here” note.

2 Likes

Super piece could just read and read and re read. Learning!

2 Likes

Awesome…really detailed imo. Well done @frogmonkee

1 Like