OnBoard: Onboarding Platform for the Bankless Natives

Yes @bentheman this is exactly what we were thinking as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey all,

First of all, I love the proposal and I’m excited for the educational guild in general!

I just took the time to write out an extension of this proposal, that is mixed with the idea of a Bankless University that has been mentioned on this forum and in Discord as well. I’m looking for feedback/ideas on this, so I’ll post the link to the Google Doc here. In this vision, OnBoard will be the first big step towards the end goal.

6 Likes

I like this a LOT. The interaction with dapps is so important and possibly as/more beneficial than any type of knowledge tests. I have minimal skills in programming and am relatively new to crypto myself. But am a university prof in my day job and do a lot of instructional design. Lemme know how I can serve.

1 Like

I just wanted add Quests | Gitcoin
The first big thing this Dao did was donate to Gitcoin.
Rather than building from the ground up our developers and contributors could partner with Gitcoin quests. Once we have a more finalized product it could be launched on gitcoin while still keeping the Bankless Dao branding.

2 Likes

I love the idea of outsourcing as much work as possible. Thank you for this suggestion!

Edit: Just to add that there is an incredible pool of talent in the DAO as well. It might be strange to search for this talent elsewhere…

Hi @jryder Welcome to the project :slight_smile:

We will start working on the specifications the moment I figure out what the best tool for that would be. Your input will be very valuable.

That is exactly what I was thinking. If we’re able to propose something as easy (and enjoyable) to use then code academy or Mimo, that will be a great path to onboard a lot of people.

Hey @Veritas , this totally embodies what we are doing.

I would smash and break the Like button if I could a million times.

1 Like

I do agree. But I have a ballpark feel that if we can get the right hands on board. We can see something up in a month and a MVP done in 2.

1 Like

Love this idea to leverage (or partner with) existing onboarding resources and “award” them the “Bankless Seal of Approval” …or something while we build our own thing. That’s just smart… and reduces go-to-market time. I have experience managing an affiliate program and users could earn BANK for referrals to that paid joint-venture product.

Glad you like it and I’m looking forward to working more together within the DAO :)!

I love this idea, and I’m down for it.
I’m a web and solidity dev, and will be happy to help with the skills I have.

I think a simple MVP could be just an Ebook, with the topics described (Fundamentals, DeFi and NFT), to validate content excellence and disposability in text format.

Based on feedback we can upgrade to a web-version with more functionalities, with a focus on learn-by-doing.

I could also help with a portugues translation for text and subtitles since I’m a brazilian native.

2 Likes