[Temp Check] Season 3

Thanks for all members’ contribution!

1 Like

I’m so exciting I can join in Bankless Dao , actually I always focus on Bankless DAO development and I vote every proposal. I think should rise the Bank price (value) is better than increase pay bank token !

1 Like

Very honoured to be one of BanklessDao member.

1 Like

Name suggestions:

Platinum

Beluga

That’s it. :relaxed:

Nothing here is concrete)

This is a good idea in theory, however in implementation, there might be many challenges.

The inherent thing about all things crypto is you either buy BTC at $10 or $50,000 or $500,000.

So either you have the social connections to be in BanklessDAO early or wait till a later stage and pay for a higher price to get in. The “membership” perks are mostly social as well, nothing much as a rank.

Level 2 contributor cannot be bought, but it’s a recognition for work done, with level 1 being a pre-requisite.

The skin in the game is important, so we cannot think of it as “buying” $BANKs, but rather buying some commitment to get involved and create value for the tokens that you hold.

What if you earn enough BANK for L1 but have to sell so you can pay your rent?

Personally I’d like to see contributor track separate from voting. I’d you have 35K BANK, you get to vote in snapshot. If you’ve ever earned 35K BANK, you’re an L1 contributor. If you get enough support, you’re L2.

What is the benefit of having ultra mega whales (wallets with > 1mm BANK)? It concentrates liquidity and voting power into a few wallets. My preference is to have many whales and as many level 1’s as possible with even maybe lower tiers for different regions. For example, in emerging market countries, the level 1 requirement could be 5k or 10k BANK. If anything, Bankless DAO should be creating incentives that optimize the distribution of wallets below the whale level.

I agree 100%. Having a basic boundary to make a separation from the “rest of the world” is important but once that’s achieved the levels are just confusing. I think it’s better to call the leaders and deeply engaged members other titles since it’s very easy to conflate a higher level with higher self worth.

1 Like

1000% agree @ManuelMaccou! Thank you for speaking up what I can’t express in words :yellow_heart:

1 Like

The main topic of discussion here is 35k bank increase, decrease or unchanged? As new as i am here less than a month learning through the ropes day by day i voted to keep the Bank at 35k. Only issue the early adopters were exchanging bank at 5cents for 35k bank membership then costed 1750usd. mid november when i was joining the community bank was retailing at 11cents then membership cost at 3850usd. Now in mid Dec Bank has hit highs of 22cents meaning membership would cost 7700usd. Hypothetical scenario here with all the projects banklessDAO undertaking the level of Bank can only appreciate in the mid to long run assuming end of season 3 or four bank at 1usd meaning membership would 35,000usd. what does that do to fresh talent and new ideas to keep the DAO strong they will be locked out we will have a Brain drain to other DAOs. A suggestion can we quote membership in USD i.e 1750, 2000, 3000 or whatever amount agreed to be exchanged at bank rate for new members at the time joining.

1 Like