Hey folks, quick post here. This was inspired by @EliteViking, who has channeled the frustration of many that have put nearly four weeks of time into this project without much consideration as to remuneration.
For the upcoming season, I see three avenues of payment from least to most intensive:
- Collecting $BANK bounties
- Generate revenue for the DAO (podcasts, newsletters, sponsorships)
- Coordinape (payroll management)
- Guilds/project submit bounties with $BANK as reward
- Good for people that only have a few hours a week to contribute
- More entrepreneurial endeavor
- DAO members create content and plug into BanklessDAO network. Sponsorships/partnership $ gets split between the members of the content team and DAO (split TBD)
- Content team can distribute their share amongst themselves
- Coordinape is a decentralized payroll management tool that was spun out of Yearn Finance and their DAO
- Members are given 100 tokens to distribute. Each token represents a share of a shared salary pool. Members allocate tokens to the peers they have worked most closely with.
- After a set amount of time, tokens are summed and members receive a proportional share of the salary pool
- (As a possible method to identify who gets tokens, perhaps anyone that is listed as a project contributor/coordinator here)
- (We can also do a retroactive salary allocation at the beginning of Season 1 to pay people for their contributions thus far)
- More on Coordinape here and here
I know this system is far from perfect, but this is the quickest way I can think of to start giving back to everyone that has already given to the DAO. We can also adjust as we learn throughout the seasons.