An Idea to Improve Coordinape [DRAFT 2]

Thanks for the feedback!

I suggested cohort-sized allocations in this post, and got some feedback around sybil attacks and the fact that it was still pretty complicated.

In the end, I convinced myself that multiple DAO-wide circles, no matter how we sliced them, end up creating artificial barriers for measuring contribution. With our current system, you’ll NEVER be able to say that a Guest Pass is contributing more than an L2, because the circle are different and it’s like comparing apples and oranges. By putting everyone in one circle, I can start to see a picture of our top (perceived) contributors, regardless of member level.

Why is that important? I believe it’ll incentivize people to contribute in visible ways, and in doing so, they will be solving problems that actually matter. Rather than figuring out how to maximize one’s BANK by gaming the coordinape system (a complicated system is often easier to game), we’ll figure out how to maximize our BANK by actually doing something useful for the people around us.

The true currency of a DAO is contribution. BANK is merely a means of exchange. By simplifying our systems of allocation, we can bring our contributors closer to the DAO ideals of contribution.

2 Likes