BanklessDAO Incident Report - Governance Sybil Attack

Hey @Sprinklesforwinners, I’m having mixed feelings before I reflect on mine! Let me try to understand where your line of thought is coming from!

From your recent posts both on the Mirror and on Froum, it seems like you think the DAO is corrupt; the power is held in the hands of a few. And the post that you thought you were highlighting this truth hasn’t got the expected result.
That’s where you have planned to exploit the system and prove your point?

I get your frustration;

for someone who is actively contributing to the system, you might feel that you are working on borrowed land.
Almost all of the key powers which connect the DAO to the web2 world are residing in the hands of a few, and these members aren’t anywhere to be found.

I do agree with you here! It is now concentrated in the hands of a few, And for new members of the system, they could feel that these members are kinda like the untouchable entities who run the world.

Others in the DAO aren’t that paranoid as they have worked with these members in the past and are trying to change that centralisation.
An example of that initiative is [bDIP-8]. There are also conversations on putting term limits for different roles etc.
Even Guest Pass holders had held a GC seat, proving that we are open and give value to reputation over anything else.

I value you as a contributor. Your Ops/ administrative skills are very valuable.

IMO the best path forward will be to voluntarily step down on all DAO-wide roles you hold in the DAO. and let the projects decide how they what to handle this situation for themselves.

3 Likes