DAO Constitution & Improvement Proposal Standard

Thanks for the comments and insight Birdman! I would argue again that any major changes to the community should happen in future improvement proposals. I don’t believe its fair or say to introduce large changes before the current state of the DAO has been established. With that in mind, we must vote in the current version of the constitution before introducing legal innovations. Looking forward to all the future innovations to come!!

I asked several people who had a hand in crafting previous season specs. Few of them listed here: https://www.notion.so/bankless/GSE-Initiative-f69b2a80dd8749a7bc77269f6739aef3?v=a7ae662f63784749aa84ff9cf1d1a20d&p=53754bbfa3a24d7f9f444586640640f1

1 Like

See comments above. I don’t believe this is the context to discuss to execute on introducing new legal constructs. Would be awesome to see that fleshed out by a separate working group and crafted into an improvement proposal tho! Really happy to see so many smart and passionate people recognizing the need tho.

1 Like

The conversation continues here:

Please everyone who voted here take another look and re-vote on current readiness given all the changes we have made.

@0xJustice I read up on dynamic NFT’s on LinkedIn today - I will fish out the link when I can and ping you it

It is a great work, but I am not sure the poll makes sense. Can we vote on one topic at a time? There is a lot of information in the constitution, not a simple yes or no can represent my opinion. For instance, can we vote for the vision/mission/values first? After reached consensus then move to the next step. The document can be a good reference when we vote for all constitution issues, but not to vote it directly.

left some additional comments @0xJustice

1 Like

If this community was just being formed, I would be more open to your suggestion, but it is over a year old with documented positions on all the issues addressed in the doc. I don’t believe now is the time to start at square one. I think the time is to document what we have and then improve upon it with greater rigor. bDAO Strong!! :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Understood you want to consolidate the progress and then move forward, which is exactly the reason why I against the idea, as it will reinforce the path dependence and make it hard to do any major changes. As bDAO and all DAOs are still in experimental stage, it is risky to lock up the direction too early. My suggestion above is about looking back to where we started, and do it again with the experience. It is slow, but higher possibility to do it right. Anyway, I could be totally wrong, wish you and bDAO good luck.

1 Like

The proposal is attempting to document the current rules as they stand. By putting them in one place with a change process, this could make it easier to experiment quickly, couldn’t it?

2 Likes

I understood the point and appreciated the work. What I am trying to say is that it may lead to the different direction despite the good intention. It is a good approach if we know what is right/best practice, but not for DAOs as no one knows what is right yet. So keep it flexible and ability to change fundamentally is critical. Bankless DAO 2.0 could be totally different to Bankless DAO 1.0, if we want it last. It is very hard to restructure an organisation as the path dependence and a very detailed constitution like this will make it harder. Not sure I made myself clear as it is quite complicated and need to see it from a systematic point of view. I can make a detailed step by step explanation about the reasons and possible solutions if you want, but I am not sure it helps as it is more about life experiences.

1 Like

I can’t support the supposition that we should be ambiguous and undefined in our structure and prescribed processes because it will be harder to change them in the future. Definite and clear language is the starting point for a rigorous discussion around change. The very fact that it took so long to get a consensus on our current community working agreement (OS) is proof of that. This all changes going forward because we will be discussing concrete changes to this document. Ex. Section 2, paragraph 3.

2 Likes

I agree with the single source, and if it’s not already in the plans: A corresponding single source for New Members as a Step by Step Guide to leveling up & contributing.

It would be amazing if there was a way to “Bookmark” my place in the Bankless Journey through Discord after each visit, Quest or To Do. (Maybe like an energy bar from video games)

The BEST way to do this would be a single UX/UI with links branching out to all of the quests (and
connecting back to discord for proper denotation & access) so that New members feel on track and can continue, especially the ones like myself that are excited to contribute but got recycled along the way.

1 Like