The Super Season: Proposing a 6-month season between April and October

I’m not a fan of increasing season length. From my perspective, we already have difficulty on the accountability side, and creating LONGER seasons would actually make accountability more difficult. It may feel like “working heads down” is a good thing, but in my experience it ends up reducing alignment and, in the worst case, building things that BanklessDAO doesn’t need.

Your main concerns seem to stem from the budgeting burden related with 3-month seasons, so why don’t we improve the budgeting process? Here are some ways:

• Make guild funding x BANK/active member (as per your discussion on Guilds as Professional Associations)
  • Have projects include a finance person on their roster to do the actual budgeting, rather than having teams stacked with devs/writers/etc that don’t know how or enjoy budgeting
  • Create more support/tooling for creating budgets, including templates, treasury guild support, etc
  • Provide more clarity on the funding process, including some basic expectations around project validation.

These are just examples I made up off the top of my head, but the point is: the problem you’re describing doesn’t have anything to do with season length, it has to do with our project workflows. Whether you have 3 months of 6 months, there is ample time for focus and building and deep work. If you’re finding you’re unable to find time for these things, I suggest you start with FOCUS: you’re probably doing too much.

5 Likes