The beginning of this document includes a summary report of bDIPs and a suggested Draft 1 of the BanklessDAO Season 8 Specification. Hopefully the schedule allows for a smooth season transition for everyone.
- Season 8: Mon, May 15 - Sun, August 27 (15 weeks)
- Gap Week: Mon, August 28 - Sun, Sept 3 (1 week)
That break is important and I wanted to ensure our operational timelines were aligned to accommodate Gap Week by default. Notice the Gap week is technically between the seasons.
Please review the proposed timeline for Season 8 and provide any feedback regarding the adjustment of dates. If a change in dates is desired for any of the Season 8 milestones, please open discussion in the comments so that any updates can be reflected in a second draft.
Hello! I am Ernest of Gaia, and I have been stewarding the Season 8 transition. The processes around season transitions have been adapting to changes in governance, so I’d like to offer some context on the current state of the season transition process.
Some quick reminders:
- Seasonal Specifications are not to handle funding requests. Any organizational unit requesting funding should go through the Seasonal Budget Request and be reviewed by the Grants Committee.
- Any changes to governance would need to be proposed with their own individual bDIPs (bDIP Template here [https://github.com/BanklessDAO/bankless-dao-constitution/blob/main/bDIP-template.md])
The Seasonal Specifications are simply general operational specifications that allow organizational units to plan for the following season. While the Operations Department will manage the specifications we want as much input from DAO Members as possible so as to make decisions that align with members.
This process is evolving and is not without flaws. Suggestions for improvements are welcome. Thank you for your active participation in BanklessDAO governance. Let’s make 2023 up-only!
Remaining Season 7 Operations Timeline
- April 14: Draft 1 of the Season 8 Specification to be posted to the Forums
- April 14 - 20: Grants Committee to work with groups to finalize funding requests
- April 14 - 23: Season 8 Grants Committee Election applications accepted
- April 24: The Season 8 Grants Committee election will be posted to Snapshot
- May 1: The Season 8 Specification will be posted to Snapshot
- May 1: The Season 8 Budget Request will be posted to Snapshot
- May 8-14: Gap Week
- May 14: Last day of Season 7
“State of the bDIPs” - Community-Indicated Direction and Operational Governance Changes
Constitution and BDIP Standard Discussion & Proposal Part 2
These changes have been proposed and have independently passed a vote on the Forum during the current season and their details are to be implemented upon their passage or in upcoming weeks. The vote on this Seasonal Specification will not impact the results of these previously-passed proposals.
- Season 6 bDIP-00: Seasonal Funding Process Clarification- Has not met quorum, Went to Snapshot Ratified, All updates were put into place
- Season 6 Patch bDIP-01: Correcting Grant Proposal Requirements - Approved, Ratified, All Updates were put in place
Season 7 Business
- Season 6 Minor bDIP-02: Coordinated Timing Across BanklessDAO - Approved, Ratified, All Updates put in place
- Season 7 Major bDIP-07: Set Season Length at 16 Weeks with Designated Downtime - Approved, Ratified, All Updates put in place
- Stated as Minor but actually Major bDIP-8: Selection and Election of BanklessDAO Vault Multi-Signature Wallet Signers - has not met quorum, was approved, currently in snapshot
- Snapshot is Active and Ends April 17, 2023, 12:00 AM
- Season 6 Temp Check - Major - bDIP-03: Dynamic forum quorum for bDIPs - is a Temp check with two options up for discussion. Does not need to meet quorum. Is not a decision in and of itself.
- Next steps to submit as a proposal using the bdip template once an option is chosen for the proposal.
- Season 6 Major bDIP 04 : Departments Has not met quorum, is not approved, nor gone to snapshot.
- Season 6 bDIP 05 adjustments to member based funding - abandoned in Temp Check stage, Taxonomy is Retired.
- Season 6 Temp Check bDIP - 6 - Code Of Conduct Change - This adds responsibilities and procedures to the Constitution and should be considered a Major bDIP.
- Season 7 Minor [bDIP-N]: Expanding the Mandate of Governance Department - has not met quorum
- Season 7 Major? bDIP-N: Level update to include tlBANK - has not met quorum
- Season 7 Formal Proposal - Minor bDIP N- Format Change to Constitution & Community Handbook - has not met quorum
- Season 7 Temp check on bDAO Community Alignment and Constitution
Suggested Season 8 Operational Timeline 15 weeks
- May 4th: 2nd Year DAO Birthday
- Mon, May 15th - Season 8 Begins
- Week 1 or 2: Season Kick Off Event
- July 9th - 22nd: All Seasonal funding requests to be posted to the Forum for the Grants Committee to review.
- July 23rd - August 5th: Grants Committee to work with groups to review funding requests
- July 30th: Draft 1 of the Season 9 Specification to be posted to the Forums
- August 6th - 19th: Grants Committee to work with groups to finalize funding requests
- August 6th - 19th : Season 9 Grants Committee Election applications accepted
- August 20th: The Season 9 Grants Committee election will be posted to Snapshot
- August 20th: The Season 9 Specification will be posted to Snapshot
- August 20th : The Season 9 Budget Request will be posted to Snapshot
- Sun, August 27th: Last day of Season 8
- Gap Week: Mon, August 28th - Sun, Sept 3rd (1 week)
- Approve let’s move to snapshot
- No, this draft needs revisions before it moves to Snapshot please see comments below