[Draft 1] Governance Solutions Engineer Program

Its using Complicated Systems thinking to resolve Frictions in a Complex System

Not unsophisticated, to call folks unsophisticated because a small group of people have done very little in the way of educating the DAO in it’s basic tools or has done very little in the way of designing ways to build a Sense of Community makes the drafters of these proposal Unsophisticated, imo.

Due to the lack of ability to listen to members and create self education loops for feedback adoption and self regulation. Nourishing environments that allow for Self Organization will allow for the Emergence of Behaviors that will resolve the, well outlined frictions above., without the need for more Governors to do things for us.

1 Like

1 thing fo sho: we need more frogs.

Did anybody think that this could simply be a cross collaboration for OPS and Devs guilds?

wow, it took me such a long time to read and understand and digest this document and all the replies.

I personally feel that we are overengineering this.

We should use existing frameworks and structures.

For example, strategic meeting every month amongst all the level 2 contributors. And a seasonal retreat.

At least that’s what we used to do in the tardfi world.

During these meetings we decide what NOT to do in the coming month and season.

Yes, the community only can say yes. It is up to the level 2 contributors as a collective to say NO. And leaving this dirty job to a few in the grants committee is too cruel TBH.

2 Likes

Hey all, I released a second draft here:

Note the changes marked with a :warning:

A few replies that I wish I had gotten around to earlier:

@Eagle & @Grendel
Regarding funding

• I agree that this might be high, but I cannot understate the importance of having solutions to these two existential problems. We’ve been spinning our wheels on these issues. The new proposal modifies the # of GSEs and ties comp to deliverables. Members are no longer voting on whether to apply bonuses. If deliverables are poor, the DAO will recoup much of the cost.
  • I disagree that comp should be fixed. This should be deliver or die IMO. Granted this comp model is also an experiment.
  • “I also believe that the role cannot be covered by those with a guest pass” - I disagree here. Some of the best ideas I’ve heard have been from guest pass members, though I think the DAO will trend towards L2 contributors anyways.

@chuck25

Needs more thought: the compensation seems low for the responsibility of this position. 100,000 BANK is roughly US$13,500 today, so for a season of work that’s about $4,500 per month or US$54,000 annualized.

This does not include the compensation multiplier! In Draft 2, each of the 5 GSEs are salaried 75K, but the entire group can unlock an additional 750K, averaging out to 225K.

@permioth @angyts
With regards to this being over engineered or something that ops and dev guild can do together: I think you’re missing the scope of this problem and the work needed to be done. This is us going back to the drawing board (Season 0 style) after 6 months of operations and growth. Not something that a few meetings or a seasonal retreat can tackle.

2 Likes