Education Partnership Proposal with Mass Effect

This is beautiful, Manuel. I have long held the belief that there are two main things impeding human progess as a whole: 1) poor access to high-quality education with credentialing, which often a result of 2) financial inequalities - again primarily centered around access to capital, knowledge and services.

That you are submitting this proposal to Bankless DAO, to me, is a perfect synergy between these two ideas. It supercharges the capabilities of Bankless DAO and I think that duly justifies financial support.

As someone who taught at the university level for 7 years before leaving academia - education is topic I care deeply about because of direct experience. I firmly believe anyone can learn anything they set their mind to. Increasing access and support improves learner openness to approaching challenging subject (e.g. crypto, economics, physics).

People always called me smart because I excelled in school and pursued a career in hard science. However, that never sat right and was reinforced through my experiences in education. Sure, some fundamental differences in aptitude might exist but learning is also highly emotional. It can be vulnerable to not know something. Also, learning is taught to us as something you do BEFORE doing the real thing. So, people tend to (and even necessarily) deprioritize learning new things because it’s extra effort and often doled out in large chunks like 4-year degrees. Yet, we all know it’s an investment - and big gains come from compounding small amounts over time.

Humans are pretty social creatures and prefer to learn from each other. Most stuff is available for free but you will almost certainly have to do more work than if someone was guiding you. Basically, we can lower the cost for someone else to download information vs them doing it on their own. We all know this intuitively. Yet, I think what I’m trying to describe is the same “knowledge energy” you described so eloquently above. My experiences teaching have since proven to me that anyone can learn anything if they want to - all they need is access to another human that cares and can communicate effectively (often using multiple approaches to reach different people). I take this as a personal charge to support the mission of Mass Effect. It’s time to lower the activation cost of humanities next level-up!

2 Likes