Framework for Guild Coordination

This is awesome!
points 2 and 3 especially are juicy.

Thank you all for contributing more thoughts to this important conversation. All valid IMO and certainly will guide my behavior as we solidify this work. Looking forward to getting back to it in September. Tracking this proposal from vacation :blush:

Well said, although in Design we’re starting to find some need for delegated decision making. We are discussing the creation of an Art Director role, responsible for adding the final stamp of approval to artworks produced by the guild. Creativity is subjective, and we need a trained eye to assure some sort of quality. Any thoughts?

looks awesome, I would only add that it appears 2 roles are missing from the guilds, One is essentially who is providing inspiration whithin the guild? Who is the one welcoming folks with enthusiasm and reconnecting with guild members as the real life events bring their attention away from the guild then back into the guild.

The other role is the role of celebration. Who is Celebrating (not just handing out bank) the work achieved within the guild and bringing recognition of that work across guilds. Who in the guild Holds the vision of the members within the guild?

These are essential roles for the positive reinforcement of good behavior at a minimum and
at best they nourish the emotional connection within the guild and dao members. These Types of Roles (often held by women who are largely under represented in the DAO) are the roles that foster the sense of community and contribute to the health of the culture of an organization.

I am only aware of these roles because I am not good at them :stuck_out_tongue:

References The Eight Shields Model - Sustainable Living Project

Hi, please note the thread was updated here:

Regarding your question, I think Frogmonkee expected both functions to be covered by the role of “Talent Coordinator”

1 Like