Mobile App Season 3 Roadmap Voting

UPDATE

The polls are closed, thanks to everyone who participated! The results are going to be posted shortly.

What’s up everybody! (Damn, this is already taken by Icedcool)

Alright everybody, time to write a letter to Santa.

As promised, we are posting some feature candidates for the community to vote on. Since the list of ideas is longer than what we can possibly chew in one season, letting all of us govern the roadmap for the product we all own and are going to use every day in our lives is the right thing to do.

These polls will help us gauge the interest in particular features and overall possible directions for the app, hopefully get some fresh ideas and polish the existing ones, and ultimately prioritize our Season 3 scope items, making sure our resources are invested wisely.

I would also note that we should think about this not only as a tool we use ourselves, but as a potential revenue-generating asset and a market advantage that most other decentralized organizations (if any) don’t have in their arsenal… and prioritize accordingly.

Unlike the Season 2 scope features, most of these feature candidates exist as results of discussions we’ve been having with different guilds and project teams. This is already much better than just having me coming up with stuff, now let’s make it solid by voting and offering different perspectives.

Please feel free to add more ideas in the comments if you feel inspired and/or see something obviously valuable missing. I’ll add it to the post and we’ll re-iterate. Now go and vote, DAOpunk, it is your app!

:love_letter:

Proposed Feature Candidates

Multi-language UI + International Content

One of the best value opportunities we’ve identified is to make all the translated content organized in Content Gateway - each language under its own directory - and then have Mobile App switch between languages seamlessly based on the user’s smartphone settings, thus giving mobile users around the planet first-class native language access to everything Bankless! International Media Nodes also fit into the picture perfectly. This is one of my personal favourites.

• We should have this ASAP
  • I’d like to see it at the end of Season 3
  • Maybe in 2022; Not a high priority
  • I don’t see value in this

0 voters

More Education Guild Content

We started with Bankless Academy as a big splash to make on the education side of the mobile experience. Now we’re in talks with contributors interested in expanding Education Guild’s outreach by utilizing Content Gateway as delivery platform, and having Mobile App as user experience platform.

0 voters

More HQ Content

We made Bankless Podcast videos accessible in the app, and would love to add the HQ Newsletter too. With the current platform capabilities, we’re able to make it an exclusive perk for L1 members, retaining its existing business model unaffected.

0 voters

iPad Application

The mobile app architecture lets us branch off most of the code we’ve written and create a completely different UI for all the features. For example, we can take advantage the real estate on iPad screen and create something completely different for Bankless Academy that couldn’t go into the iPhone version. Same with every other feature. If you have ideas of what would absolutely look 420% better on a tablet than on a smartphone — tell us all in the comments!

0 voters

Apple Watch Companion

Apple Watch apps are hard to justify, because most of them aren’t really all that useful. Maybe it’s just me, but Twitter and Facebook, for example, pulled their Watch apps back from the store apparently because they didn’t make sense. However, we’re smarter than Twitter and Facebook, aren’t we :thinking:. Anyway, it is an option on the table. Thoughts are appreciated.

0 voters

ENS Support

The mobile app relies on your public ETH address in order to display on-chain information such as your BANK tokens, POAP tokens, and a lot of other things in the future. In order to do this, you obviously need to provide your address to the app, and many of us would be happy to just enter an ENS address instead of the 42-symbol raw address string.

This requires the app to know your ENS record information, and the current version doesn’t have this supported. Definitely a must have! Smash the like like button if you want it ASAP.

0 voters

BANK Push Notifications

We are researching ways to create a notifications platform in Content Gateway, which would open possibilities for all sorts of events to be delivered to user devices. One obvious application of this idea is receiving push notifications for your BANK balance changes and/or new transactions.

0 voters

BANK Transaction History

This is a fairly easy thing to add, we just made it a low-priority feature in Season 2 and it ended up staying in our To-Do’s. Now its fighting for your love next to all the other ideas!

0 voters

Tipping Other Members in BANK

We don’t have a clear ETA on when this one could be added. It depends on some factors, and one of them is that there is currently a solution for tipping being developed by DEGEN team that we’d love to rely on, so we are willing to wait for that instead of duplicating the effort and creating our own API. But hey, we’re gauging your interest, so let’s see how much we want this one in the mobile app!

0 voters

Announcements Feed

Showing the announcements posted in our Discord… in the app! Sounds cool to me. Doesn’t sound incredibly incredibly hard to approach. And opens the door into more Discord integration opportunities. By the way, if you have more ideas on what Discord things would look great and have higher level of member engagement in the app — let us know in the comments!

0 voters

Governance Dashboard and Notifications

To make the app a truly useful DAO member tool - in addition to its appeal to content consumer - it would be great to start introducing interface for governance. Being aware of the latest proposals and ongoing votings and governance decisions looks like a good thing to begin with.

As a bonus, if we route this data through Content Gateway and its future notification delivery service, we can also enable notifications for major governance events.

0 voters

Sponsor Portals Program

As mentioned in the Mobile App Proposal, mobile platforms are great user attention grabbers. This can be one of our biggest offers for sponsors. With the software architecture flexibility and agile approach to priorities, we can create special features and content sections for our partners and sponsors, offering a much more unique and targeted user experience for each of them. This area is itself worth creating a brainstorm and workgroup around.

0 voters

Underdeveloped Ideas

Metaverse Portal

We are exploring the idea of using Content Gateway as a metaverse item aggregator, where the state of the world for different games would be stored, including player profiles, the items they own, any related and tokenized economy attributes, etc. Obviously, this is asking for a mobile companion app for the metaverse players. What do you think? Drop your ideas in the comments!

• This is dope, we should create something in Season 3
  • Let’s research this more in Season 3, but work on it later

0 voters

First Quest Companion

The First Quest was the very first thing that the whole mobile app design process started with back in September. Ironically, it’s still one of the least developed feature concepts here 🤷🏽 . I’m hoping we’ll find time to coordinate with The First Quest team - and their Dev Guild First Quest sister team - to finally put a solid implementation plan together. In the meantime, your votes show us all how soon this should happen.

0 voters

$BED + $GMI Retail Investor Interface

I have a concept draft for an interactive user experience around our on-chain financial products. The proposed interactive user interface would feature something like a “Set your level of degen-ness” slider that user can play with and see the different suggested mixes of the two index tokens to potentially invest in. This would create a better awareness for retail investors, educate them, and help them make informed decisions. NOT A FINANCIAL ADVICE :orangutan:.

0 voters

5 Likes

Amazing, thanks for taking treating this like a public good! Very (3,3) of you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow the scope and possibilitys in this project are amazing! Mind blown, looking forward to being a part of implementing Swedish.

Nakamomo came up with an idea the other day that we riffed on a bit. I can’t stop trying to think about how and were it fits. Maybe here :slight_smile:

He said to give people a welcome NFT or like a business card. To earn the NFT (it’s on polygon) you need to go on a hunt into the crypto universe. We guide them, they are on their fist steps west! We lead them tru all the steps of creating a wallet, get a cryptobank, get MATIC to your wallet and claim the NFT! You can come up with anything here…

Maybe you get some BANK in the end to? could be you buy the NFT as a first step to become a member and you get most or all your money back in BANK + the nft. Could be the start of your membership, next is first quest. Yay gamify the the whole experience, BANK meter you are x% away from becoming a full member. Sponsors pay for stuff users do, reward in BANK, meter go up! Yay. And in a structured way we can lead users deeper into the crypto universe. Maybe this is exactly what the academy is doing? :slight_smile: Maybe this idea of finding your NFT could fit there to/otherwise.

All ideas that just popped up right now, got inspired by all the great ideas you guys already have!

Have fun sorting when all ideas are voted ASAP :joy::partying_face:

Good job and gn

3 Likes

Appreciate you crowdsourcing the roadmap :slight_smile:

I like the idea of having the original hook be a way to aggregate BanklessHQ content with a way to join BanklessDAO (first quest).

However, we’d have to chat about the best way to integrate BanklessHQ content, especially premium content. Before you decide on this, please reach out to myself and Lucas to coordinate with HQ!

please reach out to myself and Lucas to coordinate with HQ

I actually did offer this explicitly to HQ, as well as some other important brand-related things. Sometimes getting community support and consensus is the best way to get your ideas heard :slightly_smiling_face:

I absolutely keep all the business, legal, technical limitations in mind, will be addressing them once we see what we should focus on.

1 Like

Lol, thats great :).

This is looking great!

Done, looking forward to S3

This looks great. Thank you for the polls.