Season 8 - BanklessDAO Vault Multi-Signature Wallet Signers Election Application Submission

Authors; Editors: senad.eth#8782, links#7868, Trewkat#1933, HiroKennellyᵍᵐ#0001
Date created: Mar 12, 2023
Date submitted: Apr 27, 2023
Submission Period: Apr 27, 2023 - May 6, 2023 (10days)
Election Period: May 8, 2023 - May 15, 2023 (7days - Snapshot)
Relevant Links: Google Doc, bDIP-8 Election and Selection of BanklessDAO Vault Multi-Signature Wallet Signers.

BanklessDAO Vault Multi-Signature Wallet

The BanklessDAO Vault multi-signature wallet (vault multisig) is the holder of DAO funds, and disburses BANK to DAO Organizational Units. It is managed by a team of seven BanklessDAO members, and requires four of the seven members to sign in order for any transaction to be executed.

Vault multisig signers have the following rights and responsibilities:

To be considered for selection and to retain the role, vault multisig signers must meet the following criteria:

1. Recognition as a Level 2 Contributor of BanklessDAO.
  2. Active membership of BanklessDAO for at least one year.
  3. A previously held leadership position in the DAO (equivalent to Guild Coordinator, Project Champion, Grants Committee).
  4. Experience as a signer on a multi-signature wallet.
  5. Current knowledge of BanklessDAO’s governance procedures.
  6. (optional) Should ideally have a Chippi :stuck_out_tongue:.

To submit your application you must reply to this post by including:

1. Discord handle
  2. Reason for applying
  3. Qualifications (i.e. proof of criteria above)
6 Likes

Discord Handle: Rowan#3669

Reason for Applying:

I see members of any multisig as stewards of the existence and interests of the entity that the multisig represents. As a long-standing, aligned, and invested member of bDAO, I’d like to contribute in this meaningful way - to help administer and protect bDAO’s interests.

Qualifications:

I meet all of the required qualifications (including the optional one :tada: :tada: :tada:), have extensive (3+) multisig experience, and am actively involved in bDAO governance.

P.S.: I’m not sure if I’m supposed to demonstrate the qualifications or just indicate I meet them, as I have done above. If demonstration is required I will happily edit this application!

1. Level 2 Contributor since May 2022.

2. Genesis member of bDAO and have been active since January 2022.

3. Operations Department Coordinator since Season 5, and before that I was the Cartography Coordinator in Season 4.

4. Operations Department Multisig member since May 2022; Research Guild Multisig member Feb 2022 through April 2023; Cartography Multisig Member Season 4 - current.

5. I’m active and familiar with bDAO governance, having held the role of Season Transition Coordinator in the Ops Dept (drafting and coordinating polls/votes for relevant governance documents), and have co-authored bDIPs.

6. Proof is in the PFP! :muscle:

10 Likes

Discord handle

senad.eth :black_flag:#8782

Reason for applying

I believe that the BanklessDAO multisig signers are supposed to be active community members, who are contributing to improve our governance, represent our values and principles (IRL) and live and brief the Bankless lifestyle. As guardians of our treasury and our last line of defense, their responsibility is to protect, help innovate, drive culture & more value to our community.

I’m with the DAO since Dec 2021 and became and L2 in in May 2022, while in NYC representing BanklessDAO as an instructor at Crypto Nexus. I actively contributed to the improvement of governance structures and procedures at the Treasury Department in Season 5/6 and was elected as a member of the Grants Committee for Season 6/7 with and overwhelming support by our community! I was also invited to join a panel on DAO-Governance on behalf of BanklessDAO in January at DAOVOZ (WEF yearly conference).

As a multisig signer, I consider it both to be a duty to our community and a joy to participate in the Cypherpunk adventure. I have been a part of the DAO for over 1 1/2 years, serving in coordination, administrative and support roles. I’ve also been actively involved in the instantiation of the Treasury Department.

Qualifications

9 Likes

Discord Handle: Mr. V | mariokondo.eth#2771

Reason for the Application: I joined bDAO in Q4 2021 and was onboarded to the Marketing Guild due to my decade-long experience in the field. While supporting campaigns with my copywriting and marketing strategy, I realized that my degree in political science could help the Department more than my expertise in marketing/advertising. Consequently, I was elected as Governance and Treasury for the Marketing Department and created the Marketing Department Constitution. Since Season 3, I have been focusing on treasury management for the Marketing Department. However, I believe my structured thinking and numerical proficiency could benefit bDAO beyond a single Department.

But let’s back up. Who is Mr. V, and why am I being called Mario Kondo? The nickname “Mario Kondo” actually came from @JENetics back in the day, when she was surprised by how much I enjoyed cleaning up digital structures and databases to ensure that everything was in order. That is why got in touch with @perchy and asked for a manifestation of my web3 character. This truly sparks joy for me. I can’t leave any spreadsheet in chaos, and I have to clean up and optimize any Notion page that I come across. I believe this alone qualifies me for the multi-sig role.

I believe I am qualified for this role as I meet all six requirements. As a Swiss person and a father of two lovely boys, I bring a responsible and neutral mindset to this role. For me, bDAO is not just a social experiment; I care about the people involved and what we can achieve together if we stay focused. It would be an honor to serve the DAO as a trusted signer of the multi-sig.

Qualifications

• bDAO Member since December 2021. L2 status since February 2022
  • Marketing Department Role Holder since February 2022 (Governance & Treasury)
  • Creator of the Marketing Department Constitution
  • Active Governance Contributor and studied political science at University Zürich
  • Lots of multi-sig experience as treasury coordinator for MD
  • ThriveCoin Top 5 Contributor for bDAO
  • Chippi Holder

Sponsors / References: Marvel , @Ornella , @senad.eth, @nikhilbaranwal

I would feel honored to become a multi-sig signer for the bDAO and will do my best to serve you and the bDAO :heart::pray:

7 Likes

Discord handle: jengajojo🏴#5896

Reason for applying: I have been active in the DAO since season 1 and stewarding several initiatives within the DAO. I have had challenges receiving consistent feedback from the existing multi-sig on many things and it’s bit frustrating! I would like to pitch myself here in hopes to be able to better work with the rest of the signers in addressing discrepancies and smoothing the interactions between the DAO and vault signers.

Qualifications

1. Recognition as a Level 2 Contributor of BanklessDAO :white_check_mark:

2. Active membership of BanklessDAO for at least one year. :white_check_mark:
    Active contributor since S1

3. A previously held leadership position in the DAO (equivalent to Guild Coordinator, Project Champion, Grants Committee). :white_check_mark:
    Champion for Projects: IMN, Global Events and DAOStewards
    Department Coordinator for the Dept of Governance
    Former GC member

4. Experience as a signer on a multi-signature wallet. :white_check_mark:
    Signer on all the above projects

5. Current knowledge of BanklessDAO’s governance procedures. :white_check_mark:
    Helped instantiate the Governance Dept and current coordinator, authored several gov proposals

6. (optional) Should ideally have a Chippi :stuck_out_tongue:. :white_check_mark:
    Forum profile pic

8 Likes

wow this will be super hard vote for me

2 Likes
  1. Discord handle

Bananachain🏴 (Nanner)#6171

1. Reason for applying

Working with multisigs is fun but requires attention to detail, accuracy, reliability and timely execution. Speed of transactions has been one issue lately. In this regard I notice new queued transactions quickly, check all the detail, sign just as fast and „voilà“, life can go on for the ones at the receiving end. For this reason and to ensure this, I am interested being one of the new custodians of the BanklessDAO vault multisig wallet.

And should bridging using wallet connect be required at the DAO vault level at some point, I can bring my experience from TBS to bear, too.

Ultimately the multi-signers are here to serve Bankless DAO and help its community to thrive. I can do my part to ensure this.

1. Qualifications (i.e. proof of criteria above)

L2 and active member at bankless since January 2022 with regular involvement in governance (treasury, bDAO work agreements and related docs), experienced and reliable multisig signer in particular at GC and as (hidden) 2nd B Labs project champion… and Chippy bearer.

1. Recognition as a Level 2 Contributor of BanklessDAO. :white_check_mark:
  2. Active membership of BanklessDAO for at least one year. :white_check_mark:
  3. A previously held leadership position in the DAO (equivalent to Guild Coordinator, Project Champion, Grants Committee). :white_check_mark:
  4. Experience as a signer on a multi-signature wallet. :white_check_mark:
  5. Current knowledge of BanklessDAO’s governance procedures. :white_check_mark:
  6. (optional) Should ideally have a Chippi :stuck_out_tongue:. :white_check_mark:
6 Likes

Discord handle

links🏴#7868

Reason for applying

I’ll be honest - I’m not sure if I should apply. The reason for this election is to get more active people, and I don’t know that I can do a better job than the current multisigners.

That being said, I believe part of the job of our multisigners is to represent the community, and that’s something I would love to do.

For my whole career, I’ve been searching for a workplace that can welcome anyone who believes in the shared purpose, no matter their skills or experience. I’ve wanted to be part of a team that draws in inspiring people and accomplishes remarkable things. BanklessDAO could be that place. It’s going to take work, and it could take a long time, but it’s possible as long as we stick together.

I’d like to bring that spirit to the multisig, if you’ll have me.

Qualifications (i.e. proof of criteria above)

:white_check_mark: Recognition as a Level 2 Contributor of BanklessDAO.
I’ve been an L2 since Winter 2021

:white_check_mark: Active membership of BanklessDAO for at least one year.
I’ve been a member since Autum 2021

:white_check_mark: A previously held leadership position in the DAO (equivalent to Guild Coordinator, Project Champion, Grants Committee).
Grants Comittee Lead S4/S5. PM Guild Coordinator S7. Bankless Card Champion S3-present

:white_check_mark: Experience as a signer on a multi-signature wallet.
I’ve been a signer on at least 6 multisigs before now.

:white_check_mark: Current knowledge of BanklessDAO’s governance procedures.
I have written/edited several bDIPs, passed governance proposals pre-constitution, and contribute to the constitution workgroup in the Governance Department.

:white_check_mark: (optional) Should ideally have a Chippi .
See my discord pfp for proof :wink:

6 Likes