TEMP Check - Guest Pass to L1 Scholarship

Hi @homie , great ideas and flushing out the concept. I totally believe that a scholarship program is needed, and I love the idea of tlBANK NFT worth 40K.

Basically, by anyone applying and receiving an L1 membership, the DAO is giving them a 40K BANK value, and it should be locked into an NFT that is not sellable/traded.

I’m still a little confused on what is “proof to show effort”? That could include # of bounties completed or Coordinate earned.

Your second comment about the total amount of people seconding their application. Yes, but I don’t even think I know 6 L2’s good enough that would 2nd me, so how would a Guest (or someone who was an L1/L2 but lost status due to selling their 40K or 80K BANK) be expected to obtain 6 L2’s to second them? It probably should be more attainable for 2 or 3 L2’s.

I’m not sure of the “notoriety” comment, since that is hard to measure. How many articles in BP that you publish as a Guest, and what about Guests who join other guilds/dept’s or projects, what are their measurements? You have to make it common among all Guest members regardless of what action (task) they complete to show commitment to bDAO.

I think 10 per season is a good number to start off with. But that means 400,000 BANK that is budgeted for locking tlBANK NFT for recipients. And, 40K BANK locked for tlBANK is for 6 months L1 status from the grant.

And, that also means that if it’s 40K BANK value for a tlBANK NFT for 6 months, what happens after that? To keep their L1 status, they would have to earn (or purchase) 40K BANK to keep their membership. What happens to the 40K BANK time locked in the NFT tlBANK? Does that go back to the Scholarship Grants committee in their multi-sig to re-use for another season?

Regarding who is on the Scholarship Committee, I would recommend an odd #, like 5 or 7 members, in case of a dissenting vote. And there has to be a review process. Submissions accepted during Season # x and then L1 Scholarship winners become activated in the following Season? Or, applications accepted during the Season and will be approved (or rejected) by the Scholarship committee in the same season. I also agree that at least one seat should always be held by someone from the Goverance committee, 1 from the Grants committee, and 3-5 L2s who could serve 1-2 seasons. I think 1 year is a lot to ask for any Committee role holder.

1 Like