[V2] Establish and fund a Governance Department

I’ve seen similar exchanges with other contributors on a couple other recent proposals, but yes, with regard to me, that was the one I was referring to.

“Providing feedback on a Forum post does not automatically mean that the feedback must be incorporated.”

Nor should it – I agree.

It was that there were other comments that ran in the same vein as my suggestions that also weren’t getting explored and it wasn’t just my suggestion in that thread I felt that way about.

And it’s that, seemingly to me, emergent pattern of from that proposal, a couple others, and this one that had been causing a bit of a slow boil internally for me; and didn’t realize that fast enough.

“I interpreted your comments to be pointing out that you felt there had perhaps not been enough consensus but with no strong objection and a huge amount of support from others”

Seems some of my frustration around this is my misinterpretations of others interpretations… While I’m pushing async more this loss of tone to convey meaning is one of the admitted draw backs of written comment.

I felt like my point on the use of a year old temp check was a strong objection at the time, hence the above comment on tone.

“and timing activities for U.S holidays was not helpful, in my opinion.”

I was trying to time it mainly around bDAO’s bDay in May and the winter solstice primarily, those were my guiding dates, not so much state holidays.

Ultimately I do feel like I got a bit too bent out of shape on Saturday in this thread, waking up today I feel similar to at the end of the seasonal length proposal; it is what it, likely will get the necessary votes, and ultimately isn’t the end of the world that it does and to give it a shot at least for a season or two and see.

Final point just for emphasis because the KPI of >=1 proposals passed is just such miss-alignment of the purpose of proposals (IMO*); seems prone to inventing problems for the sake of fulfilling the objective. A season with no proposals passed could be considered a good thing and a sign of a well functioning governance model.

I do appreciate both your and Links’ responses and has adjusted my perspective.

2 Likes