Hello all. Bankless HQ works with Pallet to host our job board. They have a new initiative that I think will be perfect for our DAO called The Talent Collective.
The Talent Collective basically flips the recruiting model on its head. Bankless DAO members can submit their profile to the Bankless x Pallet Talent Collective via an application. Then we’ll match-make members with teams across industry that are hiring right now.
Like recruiters, the DAO can earn a significant amount of $$$ to the treasury when members find a role they love.
We’ve wrote a more detailed idea of how to launch this and what it will look like in this Notion.
- You can think of it as “all people the Bankless community would vouch for as professionals”
- To start off with, invite L2 members of the Bankless DAO. Once they join, they not only have the ability to get introduced to awesome projects but can also earn ownership in the total earnings of the Collective by referring dope friends, vetting candidates, pulling in other hiring businesses, and more.
- Thus, the L2 members will be the ones who effectively curate the rest of the collective
- Candidate drops are the users in the Collective who have specifically signaled they’re open to chatting about new opportunities. People who have signaled that they are can do so either anonymously or publicly.
- This is the place that other companies or projects looking to make hires would do so!
- I.E. if Uniswap wants to source candidates from Bankless they would do so primarily via the drops interface
- Upon a successful hire, the hiring party pays Bankless either some percent of salary or contract value (if a part-time role)
- Can be done in whatever currency, especially since we’ll run the beta with just a series of Airtables
Besides finding new opportunities and entering the Drop, people added to a Collective can earn pro-rata economic rights to the earnings of the Collective as a whole by contributing to its success. This is done via a “treasury” which receives the payouts from hiring businesses. You can denominate this treasury in whatever currency you may want.
Members of a collective can get rewarded for:
- Referring in new candidates that get placed in a project
- Referring in new hiring businesses
- Reviewing and vetting proposed new members of the Talent Collective
Ownership rights are represented by “points” (name pending), which are non-tradeable assets that basically represent the total contribution of the Collective. People can redeem their points for the slice of the treasury at any point.
Note: We suggest dedicating some resources to the treasury, to begin with. It will make it all that much more powerful (i.e if before it has even started there are 5000 BANK tokens in the treasury that people can start earning right away by contributing).
Full proposal here: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.
And we can continue to shape this however it is best shaped.