- Nifty Island Project
- Collaboration Requirements and Details
- Financial Opportunities
- Guild Involvement
There has been a growing interest for NFTs, avatars, and the metaverse in the past month. One aspect of the Metaverse that has only partially been progressed by projects such as Decentraland, are 3D worlds incorporating NFTs. With so many 3D avatars, wearables, and pets being created and purchased, many owners look forward to having 3D worlds that can bring them to life!
After seeing a twitter post from @iamDCinvestor about 3 weeks ago, I discovered a 3D gameverse/metaverse project that is being developed called Nifty Island. After joining the discord and learning more about the project which is fairly early in its development (plans to launch before the end of the year), I saw so much potential for this project due to its theme, community, and inclusivity.
The Nifty Island gameverse is looking for DAOs and their communities that would like to collaborate, receive their own in-game island and a special totem, and join the Nifty Island community. So far the Flamingo DAO, Friends With Benefits DAO, and MakerDAO have answered the call. I think the Bankless DAO would be a wonderful fit to collaborate with the project. There are no mandatory requirements for a collaboration and it is free to receive an island.
A recent twitter post from MakerDAO
- A gameverse that is radically open to user generated content and that puts user ownership and control at the heart of its design.
- A 3D world where players have a tropical island upon which they can build terrain, plants, buildings, or whatever they can imagine using the in game provided building materials.
- An open social game hub and gallery that harnesses NFTs and crypto to make the meta verse a reality.
- Every user, from DeFi projects and influencers to individuals, are granted their own customizable avatar and private island.
- Users or DAOs are able to play games, display NFT collections, trade NFTs, build a community, and earn crypto by playing and contributing to the gameverse.
- The project has not launched tokens yet, but plans to do so.
- Currently one way to invest in the project is by holding or purchasing a Nifty Island: Legendary Palm (Opensea).
- Recently the project announced that they would raffle away and auction 250 “Ultra Blades” which hold a special purpose in-game and include the option to exchange for a real life sword.
Per @Zunk ( discord Zuuunk#9414 ), a co-founder of Nifty Island, there are no particular requirements for a DAO collaboration.
- Cost of an island: FREE
- Cost of building the island’s features: In-game materials that can be acquired in some way. From what I’ve learned this will either be included in our DAO’s base set provided to us and/or purchased using in-game tokens (our DAO will earn in-game tokens (Nifty Island tokens) based on the foot track of players that visit our island).
- Our DAO will receive a special totem as shown in the MakerDAO tweet. This will include special perks similar to how the Nifty Island Palms NFTs include special perks.
- Info on the island building materials and special perks provided to DAOs is very limited at this time
- A Bankless DAO island in the Nifty Island 3D gameverse/metaverse could provide all sorts of advertising opportunities.
- Bankless DAO NFT collections or DAO member’s NFT art could be displayed on the island
- We could build a Bankless DAO X MetaFactory Merch shop on the island and work with the Nifty Island devs to figure out how to sell merch in-game (using NFTs or another method).
- We could build statues of David and Ryan
- One possible outcome of collaborating with the Nifty Island project could involve a future airdrop of Nifty Island tokens. Maybe at project launch, but that’s just a possibility.
- Foot track on our DAO island would reward the Bankless DAO with Nifty Island tokens. These could be sent to our Treasury.
- Furthermore, once Bankless DAO Island is established after the project launch, the Bankless DAO could build a merch shop (metaFactory) on the island through which we sell merch
- This would be up to the guilds to decide. I can relay information about the project to the guilds if necessary.
- I could assist in writing a newsletter at some point about the project. Either soon or closer to the launch of the project.
- As far as developing our DAOs island in-game after the project launches, I will gladly take part in that. I imagine other Bankless DAO members would enjoy that as well.
- Once the project is live, guilds could hold meetings on the DAOs island if desired. Sounds fun to me.
Nifty Island’s gameverse/metaverse with its inclusive strategy of providing land (islands) to all users while also having a play to earn model has the potential to attract a large user base. This of course depends on the projects development team of 24+ members as well as the project’s community.
In the next 3-12 months, I imagine that 3D avatars will grow in popularity as crypto community members start to explore the 3D worlds that are currently being developed. Whether it will be Decentraland, Fvckrenderverse, Facebook’s 3D world, or Nifty Island … it would be advantageous for the Bankless DAO to be a part of these communities. If you all agree that the Bankless DAO should formally request a collaboration with Nifty Island, then we’ll just need to reach out to the primary founder of the project, @Charl3s (discord Charl3s#0292, twitter @charl3svii).
Disclaimer: If you did not guess already, I have invested in the project. I hold a Nifty Island palm and was one of the lucky Ultra Blade winners.
For those interested in learning more about Nifty Island, check out the Discord or this recent youtube interview discussing the project here. I recommend skipping the first two minutes.
- Yes, this collaboration sounds like a good idea
- No, I do not like the sound of this
- I need to know more