Title: BanklessDAO on Atlanti s World Metaverse
Read the original proposal: BanklessDAO on Atlantis World metaverse discussion
Date: 17 October 2021
Starting from this post BanklessDAO on Atlantis World metaverse discussion, which has received a good number of responses and some constructive criticism, I propose to start dealing with Atlantis World on these bases:
- Assemble a team of 3-4 BanklessDAO members
- Discuss with Atlantis World about the point "Design, build and implement a BanklessDAO clubhouse building inside our of demo where users would for example be able to go inside, view and play tokenized best all time episode NFTs in photo frame on wall, buy digipsychical Bankless merch, swap ETH + other assets for BANK tokens, etc. We’re also exploring a collaboration with Snapshot, so we’ll either add DAO voting natively to the clubhouse, or later to BanklessDAO City "at a cost of USD 10,000, divided into several milestones that would progressively unlock the funds.
The aim is therefore to:
- engage in the construction of a first presence on a metaverse
- agree on co-marketing and visibility actions
- identify the correct metrics and milestones in order to achieve a positive result for BanklessDAO and for Atlantis World.
The crypto space is in constant ferment and evolution, as well as the search for new spaces for aggregation and sharing. An answer is offered by the various metaverses, some already present and others under construction. As previously indicated, I believe that BanklessDAO and Bankless should be widely represented in these spaces. The reason why I believe that Atlantis World can be one of the places to start from is the mutual value that the DAO and this project could build with not too much investment. It would also be the first important grant that BanklessDAO would offer outside the DAO, progressively becoming more and more involved in the construction of new ideas.
MISSION & VALUES ALIGNMENT
What would be achieved would be a new BanklessDAO presence, not unlike the media node idea which is very important to the DAO. It would be a metaverse media node.
(as previously indicated)
- Assemble a team of 3-4 BanklessDAO members
- Discuss with Atlantis World about the point "Design, build and implement a BanklessDAO clubhouse building inside our of demo where users would for example be able to go inside, view and play tokenized best all time episode NFTs in photo frame on wall, buy digipsychical Bankless merch, swap ETH + other assets for BANK tokens, etc. We’re also exploring a collaboration with Snapshot, so we’ll either add DAO voting natively to the clubhouse, or later to BanklessDAO City "at a cost of USD 10,000, divided into several milestones that would progressively unlock the funds
- Study the implementation of the City of BankleessDAO
USD 10,000, divided into several milestones that would progressively unlock the funds.
The presence of BanklessDAO would integrate the brand indentity of the DAO.
Vote for the proposal in the forum
Vote for the proposal in the Grants Committee
Contact Atlantis World to start working
Grendel - Bankless DAO contributor involved in multiple Guilds (Translator’s, Ops, Marketing & BizDev) and part of the Grants Committee.
- I agree, move it to the Grants Committee
- I don’t agree
sounds cool, would be fun to be able to onboard new members with one of these spaces in the near future!
This is really cool, I’ve been following Atlantis for a while. Would love to help out / explore this if there’s room!
Once again I find Grendel ahead of the curve. This is not only a fantastic idea it is a brilliant and relatively low cost entry to innovate and assist moving the metaverse forward. I do not know and hav3 not been aware of Atlantis but support this proposal. Always room for more experimentation and innovation that helps the mission and vision of this DAO. My values package says, “yes”!
This is an awesome idea! I’d love to contribute as we’re working with Devs in the Metaverse Space and plan on building a Bankless Africa Metaverse to host events such as webinars and workshops.
My understanding is that discussion with Atlantis is early but doesn’t require any funding at the moment, then getting snapshot into metaverse would require 10k USDC vested. I feel like these should be two separate proposals. I don’t know why we would vest 10k USDC for putting Snapshot into the metaverse when we don’t have a metaverse presence established yet. Feels a little like putting the cart before the horse. I’m overall in favor but going to vote no because I don’t think we should commit 10k USDC for a secondary feature of a metaverse space that’s currently only in the ideation phase.
These are the new terms discussed with the Atlantis World Team.
The resources requested from the Grants Committee will 100% cover Atlantis World requests.
I will not ask for any compensation for myself or for others, so as to minimize any economic impact.
As there is no dedicated team, if the project is approved I will ask the members of the grants committee to participate in the creation of a multisig for the project.
Atlantis <> BanklessDAO grant funding request and milestones
Total $10k USD grant funding request (USDC, DAI, ETH, USDT)
- 25% - We’ll create design mockups of the BanklessDAO clubhouse, share that with the community, engage them for ideas, contributions, suggestions and make some revisions / improvements. We actually recommend to have an elected committee of 3-6 members that can work closely with us on that, whilst we’ll also actively share progress to the wider community.
- 35% - We’ll then continue to build out the interior of the clubhouse and add some game functionality, whilst making revisions and working closely with the DAO.
- 40% - Then, we’ll be able to integrate that into the Atlantis World alpha version launching in Q4-Q1 (as well as any future versions) and make some improvements to the clubhouse, such as creating a Hall of Fame NFT marketplace or gallery, as well as adding some crypto apps including Snapshot for voting in the DAO and DEX swaps for BANK tokens.
- Design of clubhouse + interior as well as revisions / improvements Q4 2021.
- Game implementation, user feedback, improvements and integration of 2-3 Web3 apps to be decided on by the community Q1 2022.
- Some additional improvements may carry on into Q2, and it’s important to remember the clubhouse will be included in any future version of Atlantis, including Q1 alpha version and Atlantis City beta version which will actually launch in Q2.
After the scope of this grant is completed, there are a number of next steps we’d love to explore with the BanklessDAO community.
- Designing, building + implementing BanklessDAO podcast station inside of Atlantis World using Spotify API where users can play recent episodes.
- BanklessDAO wearables and swag inside of Atlantis World.
- BanklessDAO + BanklessHQ (core) contributors token-gated virtual (NFT/POAP/social token etc) co-working space.
- Learn2Earn quests powered by BanklessDAO.
- Other suggestions from BanklessDAO contributors / community.
I thought it was an interesting operation from many points of view. The feedback was not positive and I believe that the project can be archived.
Moving to archive. Please reply to reopen.