[Community Vote] Grants/Funding Strategy for S7

I feel that this post is confusing - are you asking for another bonus in addition to the 250K seasonal GC bonus? What is the rationale for the GC to get another bonus this season?

Each GC member makes at least 50K BANK/season (leads make more), and there is a 250K BANK bonus, with 6 members. If you split that evenly, it would be 90K/season. Each season is 13 weeks, so basically that allocation is enough for 7 hours/week. Did GC members spend more than 7 hours a week on average this season?

The job of the GC is to review grant applications, not to write forum proposals, so why should there be additional funding for writing forum proposals? According to the Project Submission table, only 4-5 mid-season projects were reviewed by the GC this season, while 18+ were reviewed by GC last season.

As GC lead last season, I spent 5 hours/wk with a bunp to 10h/wk during seasonal funding time (2 weeks). I’m confused as how this GC spent MORE time than that while reviewing LESS grant applications. Perhaps there should be a poll to reduce GC funding based on this criteria?

6 Likes