Governance Election: Season 8 - Grants Committee Election Submission

Submission Period: 4/17/23 - 4/24/23

Election Period: 4/25/23 - 5/2/23

There will be 5 seats open for Season 8 Grants Committee.

The Grants Committee consists of 5-7 members along with a multisig with all committee members as signers.

• The Committee is responsible and accountable for managing the grants system, reviewing grant applications, and managing the grants treasury, with the help of other guilds as needed (e.g., treasury).
  • The Committee has a quorum with five members and is otherwise responsible for their own operations.
  • The Committee cannot change the application process to be a Committee member without a snapshot vote and is encouraged to accept the DAO’s proposal template.
  • The Grants Committee is required to be transparent and communicative with the DAO, such as access to Committee meetings and an opportunity to voice opinions and feedback.

The voting period will last one week and will take place on Snapshot:

• Grants Committee Applications will be submitted and decided on by a weighted snapshot vote, and the highest 5 voted applications will be elected into the Grants Committee.
  • Any unelected candidate can gather feedback, improve their resume, and resubmit for future vacancies.
  • Committee members can be recalled by Snapshot with a simple majority. Committee members may leave the Committee at any time by submitting a written resignation note to the Committee.

Additional Info:

Submitter must be Level 1 or higher

Elected GC members serve for a term (2 seasons) for a maximum of 2 consecutive terms.

Please find more information here: https://www.notion.so/44eb039915ff47128e98e39696d39109

To submit your application you must reply to this post by including:

1. Discord handle
  2. Reason for applying
  3. Qualifications
  4. Sponsor(s) (i.e., those who will second your nomination - the more the merrier!)
10 Likes

Thank you for posting this.
Which 5 members will be replaced, please?

6 Likes

Will you run this time? :slight_smile:

3 Likes
  1. ThinkDecade, Sprinklesforwinners and senad’s first term is coming to an end. They may apply for a second term though.

2. Bananachain decided to not go into his second season of his term.

3. One spot was not filled in season 7.

5 Likes

1. Discord handle: Baer.eth#6344

2. Reason for applying
BanklessDAO is transitioning to a social incubator DAO with the GC as a stewarding committee. I aim to put my critical analysis skills to help the DAO incubate new projects and derive new sources of income.

3. Qualifications
An active contributor to the BanklessDAO and the treasury department since S2
Governance contributor to Bankless DAOstewards and recognised delegate across multiple DAOs

4. Sponsor(s)
@Icedcool, @Jengajojo

5. Stratagies and Actions for the term

• prioritising revenue generation for the DAO.
  • reevaluation of seasonal funding cycles and establish funding methods for essential infra of the DAO
  • building clarity on the mandate and policies of GC
14 Likes

Nice to see you here. You have my support ser :saluting_face:

3 Likes

Baer rocks. Its a very good app and has my confidence.

2 Likes

What is a social incubator DAO?

1 Like

I was always under the impression that bDAO was more media.

You have my support overall, but. I’m curious about these statements in this application. Interested in s chat about this?

3 Likes

We are incubating more than media. TheRug,CS and now Bankless publishing are the only Media entities we have graduated from the DAO. Everything else is trying to leverage on the social capital the DAO has to offer. So in a better way we have to focus on building our community. and incubate new projects.

1 Like

Right, I see what you mean.

Fair enough, @0xbaer :smiling_face: onward!

Do you forsee room for more media projects, and perhaps, a BanklessDAO podcast?

I believe Making Bank fits in this slot, but I’m curious about a solid, point blank, BanklessDAO podcast.

Last I understood there is

Crypto Sapiens
Making Bank
Bankless Consulting
Bankless Africa
@feems podcast (forgive me I do not know the name of it) about working in web3
Pidgin Parlour
Sats and Gwei
Bankless in Spanish (@CryptoReuMD :grimacing:)

Yet there’s no, BanklessDAO podcast.

Could this be something to tackle or discuss for season 8s grants committee?

1 Like

I should mention. Thank you for answering my questions. Big support in your direction for GC. Definitely.

There is a BanklessDAO in Spanish Podcast :smiley:

I knew there was I just wasn’t sure! One moment haha

1 Like

1.Discord handle: Icedcool🏴#4947

2.Reason for applying:

I would like to contribute to the Grants Committee for Season 8 and 9!
If elected my goals are:

• Create clear and simple structures for the grants committee to operate with, that enable the grants committee and the DAO to operate and interact with as much ease as possible. This includes:
    • Facilitate settling on a mandate
    • Clarify and document internal structures
    • Enable a relationship between Treasury Department and GC for quality accounting
  • Focus on a balance between DAO infrastructure funding and revenue with the DAO

3.Qualifications:

• BDAO Genesis member
  • Dev Guild co-founder
  • GC genesis member
  • Tokenomics Dept Founder
  • Bounty board co-founder

Not relevant, but also a professional dad joke teller. :slight_smile:

4.Sponsor(s)
@jameswmontgomery.eth, @links

18 Likes

Discord handle: Paulito#8869

Reasons for applying:

I am interested in helping to improve the grants review system of the GC.
I want to help ensure transparency and clarity when it comes to funding of guilds, departments and projects.
I look forward to helping establish a healthy working relationship between the GC and members of the DAO.

Qualifications:

I have been a member of the DAO for over 8 months since Season 4. Over this period of time I have held various positions in the DAO and contributed to various projects.
I am currently the treasurer for Dev guild and DAOcartographers, understudy admin for the education department. With my experience in accounting and administration both in the DAO and IRL I believe I will be able to serve the DAO in the GC to the best of my ability.
I take this as an opportunity and privilege to represent the good contributors of the DAO.

Sponsors:
@hirokennelly, @_iamthompson, @Jengajojo, @AustinFoss, @Crown

7 Likes

Because I feel so empowered to ask questions:

First, tell your best dad joke!

Secondly!

What mandate are you looking to set? Or what mandate are you looking to start a conversation around?

Would you perhaps take a second look at the member based guild funding?

How many seasons did you serve for the first round?

How would you help support the healthy relationship between the DAO and the GC?

You are also a Ombuds member. Would you be both? Would you step down? What do you think?

How would you establish (or maintain) transparency?

2 Likes

Proudly support you ser…

1 Like