[Draft 1] Governance Solutions Engineer Program

Hey all, I released a second draft here:

Note the changes marked with a :warning:

A few replies that I wish I had gotten around to earlier:

@Eagle & @Grendel
Regarding funding

• I agree that this might be high, but I cannot understate the importance of having solutions to these two existential problems. We’ve been spinning our wheels on these issues. The new proposal modifies the # of GSEs and ties comp to deliverables. Members are no longer voting on whether to apply bonuses. If deliverables are poor, the DAO will recoup much of the cost.
  • I disagree that comp should be fixed. This should be deliver or die IMO. Granted this comp model is also an experiment.
  • “I also believe that the role cannot be covered by those with a guest pass” - I disagree here. Some of the best ideas I’ve heard have been from guest pass members, though I think the DAO will trend towards L2 contributors anyways.

@chuck25

Needs more thought: the compensation seems low for the responsibility of this position. 100,000 BANK is roughly US$13,500 today, so for a season of work that’s about $4,500 per month or US$54,000 annualized.

This does not include the compensation multiplier! In Draft 2, each of the 5 GSEs are salaried 75K, but the entire group can unlock an additional 750K, averaging out to 225K.

@permioth @angyts
With regards to this being over engineered or something that ops and dev guild can do together: I think you’re missing the scope of this problem and the work needed to be done. This is us going back to the drawing board (Season 0 style) after 6 months of operations and growth. Not something that a few meetings or a seasonal retreat can tackle.

2 Likes