Genesis Grants Committee Application

This forum thread is for DAO members that wish to apply for the Season 1 Grants Committee, as per the Season 1 Snapshot Spec. Please read and familiarize yourself with the Bankless Grants heading.

To apply, reply to this post with the following information:

• Discord handle
  • Reason for applying
  • Describe your involvement thus far at BanklessDAO
  • Qualifications - What will you bring to the committee?
  • How many hours can you commit to the DAO per week?
  • Sponsor(s) (i.e. people who will second your nomination. The more the better)

After a 5 day application period (23:59 EDT on June 27th), we will move to a soft consensus on Discourse until 23:59 EDT on June 30th.

11 Likes

Discord handle

Kouros#2107

Reason for applying

Being actively involved in Bankless DAO has given me an insight into the priorities that will make the DAO be more successful. It is for this reason that I would like to be able to allocate funds where they will have the most positive impact for the DAO.

Describe your involvement thus far at BanklessDAO

Overseeing the Treasury Guild, organising and actioning NFT sales successfully on behalf of the DAO. Involvement in the overall operations of the DAO supporting all members and non-members of BanklessDAO to collaborate in the different projects as well as Discord management functions. Actively involved in the Translators Guild and participating in the Legal Guild and Research Guild.

Qualifications - What will you bring to the committee?

• Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics (The Open University)
  • Business analytics: Decision making using data (University of Cambridge)
  • Microsoft’s MTA: Database Fundamentals

Accomplished finance and payments officer with over 10-year experience in business support, accounts payable and data analysis.

Strongly believes in the importance to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to solve problems efficiently and succeed in achieving the DAO’s goals.

How many hours can you commit to the DAO per week?

48+ hours

Sponsor(s) (i.e. people who will second your nomination. The more the better)

Above Average Joe, Frogmonkee, Eagle and Grendel

Presentation

14 Likes
Discord handle

Above Average Joe#5427

Reason for applying

With a deep understanding of DeFi and involvement in Bankless since the first newsletter, I’m in a unique position to represent the interests of the Dao from a familiarity standpoint. I believe this perspective is going to be vital in the grants committee, and that I will steward Dao funds in a transparent and honorable manner at all times.

I’ve thrown myself wholeheartedly into support and operations facilitation since the first hours of the Dao, and Double down on cultural inspiration to create an environment with positive feedback loops everywhere, incorporating permaculture and holocracy principles to the development of the system.

The only qualification of note in my toolbelt is that I’m an eagle scout, and have formal leadership training, which I bring to bear whenever the opportunity arises. I operate based on the twelve points of the scout law, and think these qualities will be key in funding wisely. The twelve points are:
trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.

Currently 60-72+ Once some things are automated, only 50 may be needed. I will not count the hours as much as I make sure the job’s done.

I hadn’t taken the time to ask. I suspect there would be no shortage of hands raised however.

Side note: In the event more applicants than are needed for the committee apply, and they have qualifications surpassing my own, I will withdraw my application in support of the most skilled having the position.

14 Likes

You have my support.

2 Likes

You have been contributing an enormous amount. You have my vote.

1 Like

You have been active throughout the DAO. You are a leader throughout the Discord channel. You have my vote.

1 Like

First of all, I fully support Kouros and AboveAvarageJoe applications. Their dedication to DAO (as well as that of many other people) is one of the main reasons why BanklessDAO is so great.

Same as AAJ said, my application is at the service of the DAO and will be withdrawn in the case of applicants willing to carry out this position, who enjoy the full support and trust of the community.

Discord handle: Grendel :black_flag:#3875

Reason for applying
There are several reasons that convinced me to submit this application. First of all, it is to give a service to BanklessDAO and support its growth. Then, I think that my business experience in estimating the best opportunities in which to commit the available resources can be useful in carrying out this task.

I try to be useful in the areas in which I have experience. As a result, I joined the work of several Guilds and participate in the work of some projects of the DAO, always conceived as team work and never as private initiatives.

I have held various roles during my working life. I am currently CEO and owner of some companies and the management of financial flows as well as the decision on how and where to allocate investments are essential to guarantee the correct growth of the business and to allow everyone to work and live at their best in a healthy and balanced environment.

I am a strong believer in quality over quantity. Nonetheless, the passion I have for crypto and BanklessDAO leads me to be (happily) often present in the DAO, for a large part of both my working and free time.
In addition, respecting deadlines and commitments are for me first of all a form of respect towards the people with whom I am lucky enough to work and towards the work itself.
Consequently, I believe I can ensure an adequate commitment to this task as to all those I am happy to carry out.

Eagle and Kouros

14 Likes

1. Discord handle

0xLucas#3124

2. Reason for applying

As a Bankless LLC employee and member of the Genesis Squad, we have a vested interest in the success of the DAO. Effectively allocating capital is one of the most important things we can do and is a crucial piece of our success. As such, I would love to be apart of the committee to act as a representative and ensure that we’re properly thinking through all the nuances.

3. Describe your involvement thus far at BanklessDAO

Mostly working on broader operations and the treasury guild. I’ve been fairly active in the overall management of the DAO and some of the underlying projects that we’re working on (BED Index, POAP Engagement, etc.).

4. Qualifications - What will you bring to the committee?

I have extensive experience working in the crypto and DeFi industry over the past few years. I currently manage the primary Bankless newsletter and am an active governance participant in other protocols via :fire: _ :fire: where we’ve worked on governance and help setup similar committees for Aave, Balancer, Gitcoin, and others.

5. How many hours can you commit to the DAO per week?

~15-20 hours outside of my work with the LLC (which ties in with the DAO as a media node).

6. Sponsor(s) (i.e. people who will second your nomination. The more the better)

@frogmonkee @rsa @Trust_David

I would also like to nominate @luke_spotlong (another LLC employee/Genesis Squad member) and @entonces (he works for the Ethereum Foundation’s Grant Committee) to step up to participate if they have the capacity :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I support all of these nominations.

2 Likes

If I hade more time for sure I have applied.

Totally support you Joe

1 Like

Totally support you !

2 Likes

GG Lucas. You have my support !

Discord handle
unicorndroppingz (3,3)#7016

Reason for applying
I have been looking for the right DAO to join for a few weeks now. My goal is to help bring new people into crypto. While reading the newsletter this weekend, I saw there was a low volume of applications. I want to volunteer my time to help this incredible community keep growing, and I believe I have a unique niche of skills and experiences that will be helpful on this committee.

Unfortunately, I have only been involved in so far as I’ve been consuming content and learning from the sidelines. I’m hopeful that this will be my opportunity to become actively involved–that said, I understand if the community is looking for a long running track record of involvement, and I will gladly keep looking for opportunities to prove myself if ya’ll do not feel like this is the place to start.

More broadly, I have been an active participant in crypto for 5 years, and I have been most recently working to bring institutional money into the bankless future.

To date, I have led teams in account management, customer support, HR, legal, finance, and supply chain. I have served on multiple executive teams, and helped multiple companies go from 0 to 1. My core skillset is creating processes and systems that scale. I’ve worked in management consulting, EdTech, laboratory diagnostics (covid-19 testing) in the US.

Some of my personal values are curiosity, accountability, and working with a growth mindset.

20 hours a week, although I am open to increasing the commitment if more is required. I believe that we should set goals, and measure performance based on achievement of those goals, and not the amount of time spent working on them.

Unfortunately, I am new to this community and I am hoping this will be an opportunity for me to get more involved.

1 Like

Hi?

Thank you for applying. I have checked Discord and it looks like you are not a member of the DAO. Is this correct?

1 Like

Discord handle

• steven#6033

Reason for applying

• This may not seem like a satisfying reason, but it is the main reason I’m applying: when I learned about the Grants Committee and the opportunity to join, my reaction was “hell yeah!”

• I’ve learned Hell Yeah’s can be rare in life, and when they come, just go. So I’m just going and applying.
  • For context behind the hell yeah, at core, I think it’s because 1) I feel strongly aligned with the vision of the DAO to educate the masses on crypto. And 2) because I find (effective) decentralized coordination fascinating. In short, I’m stoked to join this experiment and add value to it. I think I can do so here on the grants committee.

• Thought through and gave feedback on the Season 1 Proposal spec

• Collaborated some with DAO members focused on building out local Bankless communities (e.g., Africa)

• Participated in DAO call-to-actions, e.g., (Snapshot voting, Coordinape distributions, etc.)

• Spreading the BanklessDAO word

The two most relevant qualifications I bring are: Grants Experience & Ecosystem Knowledge.

• On Grants, I’ve built, run, and managed grant programs at the Ethereum Foundation. Which means, I have a keen understanding of the end-to-end process of administering grants generally: grantee management, ops, evaluations, decision-making, among other pieces.

• On Ecosystem Knowledge, I’m deeply involved in the Ethereum ecosystem as an active and engaged community member. As such, I bring a broad perspective of the various issues facing the space that I think will be of value to the committee.

• Up to 5

Thank you!

2 Likes

I support Above Average Joe for Grants Committee member.

2 Likes

I support Kouros for Grants Committee member.

2 Likes

I support Grendel for Grants Committee member.

2 Likes