Project Champion: jengajojo.eth🏴#5896
Squad: IMN Team: anaphant, raybankless + 10 node champions
Purpose: Public good
Affiliation: Translation Guild, Marketing Department
Funds requested: 2,954,000 BANK
Project wallet(s): Mainnet: 0x09cA8B48A2b4d468daC43806751e2e3a1Fc08A31
Own subDAO/Discord server: International Media Nodes | BanklessDAO
The IMN projects creates [written and AV] bankless content in 11 different languages. On average the content generates 15000+ views each month.
In S8 we generated 67,000 USD+ in external funding which is 9x more than our income from BanklessDAO. We have found product-market fit, now it’s time to scale.
The IMN project has two components
Content Creation: (Max Budget: 2**,074,000** BANK)
- Nodes are paid for fulfilling specific predefined KPIs
- Node produce AV and/or written content.
- Node produce translated and/or original content
- Active nodes have 3 roles which are compensated monthly
Roles (Budget: 1,280,000 BANK)
Role Type 1: IMN Team
a. delivers basic services such as coordination between nodes, stats check, accounting and payments
b. ideates and executes growth strategies as well as stewards the project within the bDAO.
c. Helps the monezite the product and generate income from the same.
d. Allocates leftover budget towards growth boosting activities
Role Type 2: Node Leads
Work as a team to align with BanklessDAO, deliver content, onboard newbies, seek partnerships and walk the path towards independence
- The average monthly views for S8 were 15000+
- Kickstarted IMNwide AV content production, i.e. we funded the creation and publishing or English YT videos for BanklessDAO youtube and these are being dubbed into other languages
- We continue to LP BANK-USDC to assist DAOwide liquidity efforts on polygon
- S8 was our highest revenue generation season since inception. Below is an overview of our S8 income
|Income Type||Source||Amount||USD value||bvault kickback terms||Specific kickback value|
|Proactive Grant||BanklessDAO S8||1,950,000 BANK||7500||-|
|Retroactive Grant||Gitcoin BetaRound (pending bvault MS signatures)||2292 DAI||2292||All donations retained by bvault||83,9 DAI|
|Retroactive Grant||Gitcoin Citizens Round (pending transfer)||DAI and ETH||6815||20%||1703 DAI|
|Proactive Grant||Optimism Intent#3 and Intent#4 Missions (pending transfer)||42020 OP||51780||Will be included in RPGF3||-|
|Retroactive Grant||Optimism RPGF2||5013.4 OP||6192||10% from total RPGF2||551 OP|
|Retroactive Grant||http://Clr.fund ((Awaiting matching calculation)||?||?||-||?|
You can find detailed stats on content produced, audiences, views and payments for each node here
What is a node?
A node is an attempt at spinning up a virtual bankless community in another language. The node achieves this by producing content of several types. By producing content, nodes educate audiences in new language markets about the bankless movement and nudges them to go bankless
Node Roles and Responsibilities:
All paid roles are only available for
- active nodes [definition below]
- Level 1 members. i.e. each role holder must be a L1 member to receive compensation
- Communicate actively with IMN team and BanklessDAO
- Align node activities with bankless values and actively participate in BanklessDAO community calls
- Onboard new contributors, seek partnerships within the local market and grow channel audience and views
- Communicate actively with IMN team and attend weekly Marketing Department calls
- Align node marketing content with BanklessDAO socials as well as translate and publish relevant tweet, reels or other content produced by the Marketing Department
- Own channel audience growth and content creation across social media
- Align content production with newsletter team, bankless publishing as well as produce original written content
- Kickstart and own end to end AV content production which could include original as well as translated content
The project has conducted several retros in the past all leading to the same outcome which is that we need to increase views in order to attract sponsors.
Nodes are awarded BANK for fulfilling certain KPIs and conditions each month.
KPI 1 [Startup funding]
In the beginning, each node will have to set up a social media page, post at least 5 posts about the Bankless mission/crypto as well as a substack page with a post explaining the Bankless mission and vision. Each node should have at least 2 people working in the node (This is mainly a requirement for the translation since we need one translator and 1 reviewer) and the channel should have at least 50 audience members.
Each node that fulfills the above requirements for KPI1 will receive a grant of 10000 BANK to continue with their activities of growing the channel for the next month.
KPI 2 [Translated Content]
3,000 BANK is awarded for each podcast or YouTube video (An educational video minimum 5 min long) that the node publishes and shares on social media.-AND/OR-
A node is awarded 3000 BANK each for every newsletter that is translated or produced and distributed to the local community via substack/medium and social media. The node can decide the details of the newsletters from the following criteria:
- Any one of the bDAO newsletter.
- Own newsletter which could be a mashup of bDAO/HQ newsletter. In order for the newsletter to qualify for funding, it needs to consist of at least 1000 words.
- Any HQ/bDAO/bankless publishing article that is translated and distributed to the local community via substack/medium and social media
The max cap for each month, for each node is 18000 BANK in this category
KPI 3 [Original Content]
5000 BANK will be awarded to each node that produces original written or AV content. Newsletters must be atleast 750 words and AV content must be atleast 5 mins in length.
The max cap for each month, for each node is 15000 BANK in this category
KPI 4 [Promotion]
a) 10,000 BANK per node if IMN views average of that month was reached
b) <10,000 BANK based on shortcoming to reach IMN views average
c) nodes that reached KPI 1 less than 6 months ago receive 5,000 BANK irrespective of their views - the remaining 5,000 BANK will be distributed based on their shortcoming percentage
Champions must submit following node data at the end of the month to be remunerated for the month.
a. Social Media Followers
b. Newsletter Views
c. Youtube Views
d. Podcast Listeners/Views
e. Content produced (incl. links)
- A deadline for fulfilling any KPI is measured on the metrics achieved by a node between the first of the month and the last day of the month.
- Champions will be given 1 week to fill the data for their node by the stats team
- Nodes which have not submitted data by the date specified by the stats team will not receive compensation for that month. The final implementation will be decided between the champions on a weekly meeting
- The IMN project awards its participants every month (as opposed to a seasonal model) hence, any BANK that is left unawarded, will be used as bridge funding between seasons or will be ported over to the next season to award nodes which fulfill KPIs.
- All payments are made at the beginning of the month after which KPIs were achieved. All KPIs, except KPI1 are reset at the beginning of the month.
- Nodes which do not produce translated content, are eligible to receive max cap stated in KPI2 at the same content rate as KPI 3
- Any left over BANK from each month is used to award bonuses to nodes which have been active for 3 months in a row. Each node gets max. 10% BANK bonus on top of the monthly compensation for being active that month
- Any content incentivization strategies which have worked in the previous months will continue in the next month
The Definition of an Active node is
- The node champion is an L1 member
- The node posts 1 piece of content (either newsletter or youtube video) each week
Budget for Nodes [ 2,074,000 BANK]
KPI 1: 10000 BANK
KPI 2 budget = 18,000 x 12 active nodes = 216,000/month x 4 = 864,000 BANK
KPI 3: 15,000 x 12 active nodes = 180,000/month x 4 = 720,000 BANK
KPI 4: 10000 x 12 nodes = 120,000/month x 4 = 480,000 BANK
IMN team [ 1,280,000 BANK ]
Roles and Descriptions
IMN coordinator: @jenga (30000 BANK/month) x 4 = 120,000 BANK
OPs Coordinator @anaphant (30000 BANK/month) x 4 = 120,000 BANK
Finance Manager @raybankless (20000 BANK/month) x 4 = 80,000 BANK
Node Champions (10,000 BANK/month) x 4months x 8 champions = 320,000 BANK
Marketing Lead (10,000 BANK/month) x 4months x 8 coordinators = 320,000 BANK
Content Lead (10,000 BANK/month) x 4months x 8 coordinators = 320,000 BANK
Election of roles:
All IMN team roles are elected each season with the help of a sesh poll in the IMN channel. Language champions are decided within each node based on their own internal governance process.
Bounties & Misc:
There is 100,000 BANK allocated for adhoc work such as taking meeting nodes, investigating KPIs that nodes have fulfilled, folks who helped write grants or worked with the marketing squad, etc…
S9 Budget = 1,776,000 + 1,280,000 + 100,000 = 3,354,000 BANK
[s8 left over] 400,000
Total ask for S9: 2,954,000 BANK
|content||# number of content uploaded on YT or substack||90/month|
|views||# average BANK/view||22/month|
Each node uses the bankless brand and is stewarded by the node champion. Each node champion is required to be a L1 member in order to qualify for rewards.
The IMN project will pay the bDAO treasury 10% of any revenue that is generated by grants, sponsorships, or partnerships. Revenue that nodes manage to create apart from that will instead be used to grow the respective nodes.
FURTHER PROJECT CHANNELS