Tokenomics Leveling Up Initiative

Authors: Bl0ckB0y.eth :black_flag:#8972

Squad:

• Champion: Bl0ckB0y.eth :black_flag:#8972,
  • Sponsors: chuck25#4313, 0xHunter#3863, Joe_King#5039

Date Created: July 9th

Date Posted: [ADD DATED POSTED TO DISCOURSE]

Summary

This proposal is to develop a Tokenomics Certification credential for DAO contributors who want to prove their tokenomic capabilities with an onchain verifiable credential and access to an expert community

• We are requesting 350,000 [~$4,215] in BANK to develop a minimum viable product that would consist of
    • A website for users to interact and purchase the exam
    • An assessment built by tokenomic contributors within the DAO
    • A on-chain credential
  • We are estimating that through paying back 75% of our revenue after expenses to this grant that we should be able to fully pay it back around 4 months after our public launch(see diagram below)
  • The project has the potential to create a recurring revenue stream and positive image for both the DAO and the treasury guild

BACKGROUND

Tokenomics is a hot and still unexplored topic in the web3 space right now. This leaves us with an opportunity to capitalize on this developing field by creating and administering a certificate program where contributors can prove their knowledge in the space and connect with their peers. We have a constant influx of tokenomic talent from a variety of backgrounds without the ability to prove their understanding of the field. This program will give DAOs the ability to verify tokenomic contributors. Starting off as a project to vet contributors internally in Bankless this could lead to an ecosystem wide standard and brand for tokenomics. Additionally by creating this standard of knowledge the DAO will be able to attract more talent as well as level up talent which will be crucial in giving us a competitive advantage in the web3 space. Additionally, because contributors will have to pay for the assessment, this opens up the ability to generate revenue to repay the grant as well as open up opportunities to drive value to BANK through L1+ discounts.

MISSION & VALUES ALIGNMENT

This initiative will help the DAO achieve its mission of onboarding 1 billion people into the Bankless nation because as more people flee their web2 jobs they will be looking for ways to upskill themselves and build their personal brand in web3. This program will allow them to prove their understanding of the tokenomic ecosystem and onboard them into the Bankless DAO. Additionally this program has the ability to create a sub-community of tokenomic experts that will be able to connect with each other under the Bankless brand.

SCOPE OF WORK

The scope of this proposal is to fund an Minimum Viable Product(MVP) for this program which will include a website for purchasing and taking the assessment, a set of standards for developing the assessment, and the design and smart contracts needed to create an onchain credential. With this MVP we will conduct testing within the Bankless ecosystem before bringing it to the broader public. The scope of the MVP includes what is listed in yellow in the image below, the items not listed in yellow are either milestones to be hit, or have potential opportunities to be funded through relationships with other DAOs or other avenues of equity.

SPECIFICATION & FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS

This project consists of a website which should enable users to purchase an asynchronous multiple choice test on tokenomics in order to qualify for a synchronous presentation of a novel tokenomic model in front of the already admitted community members. Both of these exams are currently being developed on tokenomic topics centered around game theory, general economics, finance, and token architecture. If a user scores well on both of the examinations, then they will qualify to receive a NFT credential. The main financial implications are shown below:

These estimates are based on our best judgment and are subject to be changed. The money when received will be kept in BANK and our whole team has been sourced from BDAO to help ensure that BANK becomes the currency of the project. They show the extended amount of a recurring cost into a one time payment which can be executed by our project champion, Bl0ckB0y.

Additionally this project has the opportunity to repay the grant and generate revenue for the DAO. While the payments for the exam have not been solidified, we are aiming to collect it in either USDC, ETH, or BANK at a discount. Through estimates of growth and a repayment of earnings after expenses of 75% we can estimate to repay the loan after around 4 months of operations. After that point internally as a project we will discuss how we would like to share the profits with the DAO. The current profits are slated to be used for process improvements and maintenance of the standards.

BRAND USAGE

The project would use the Bankless DAO brand as the genesis DAOs that approves of the credential. This would be beneficial to the brand because ideally people would use this credential as a way of proving their tokenomics knowledge, associating Bankless with high quality tokenomic thought leadership.

SUCCESS METRICS OR KPIS OR OKRS

How will the project’s success be measured?

1. Our objective is to build a mechanism for validating that somebody has the knowledge and skills to become a baseline contributor for a high quality tokenomics project
    As show by
  • 10 External Bankless members take the exam by the end of September
  • A formal partnership with Bankless Consulting established
  • A shoutout from the Bankless Podcast

NEXT STEPS

Once this proposal is accepted our immediate next steps would be to 1) Finish the standards and assessment 2) Hire a developer/designer to begin the smart contract and website development 3) Build a gitbook whitepaper that outlines the full implications of this project

SQUAD BACKGROUND

Who you are & disclose your interests with making the proposal

Project Champion: Bl0ckb0y.eth, I have been a contributor in Bankless Tokenomics and bankless consulting for 7 months spending the majority of my time doing research for back office initiatives. My background is in sales and marketing operations/strategy spending time setting up enterprise software tools as well as using them. I want this grant so that the Bankless tokenomics community can begin to build up our brand and curate a community of thought leaders in the space.

Do you support funding this proposal?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

As a sponsor of this bill I am biased; Blockboy you did an amazing job with this proposal. With tokenomics being a nascent field we have the ability at bDAO to become the “standard” for the industry of what a tokenomics credential should entail and a way for other DAOs, protocols, and companies to vet new talent. This is a seed investment in the team of mostly L1s and L2s to create a course that should drive revenue back to the DAO over time and be a profit center that can be built upon. During this “build market” it is important to ensure projects have a path to profitability and a way to contribute back the DAO; this does both. Proud to be a part of this initiative.

5 Likes

Proud to support an initiative that will position bDAO as an authority on tokenomics while also bringing new people and new revenue into the DAO!

4 Likes

I’m in full support of this effort!
I can’t help you with your Bankless HQ podcast shoutout KPI, but Making Bank would be happy to have you on the podcast once you’re up and running.

1 Like

Hey everyone, for transparency I will be taking down this proposal to rescope this project. As the project champion I want to make sure that we set reasonable expectations for what we should expect to achieve as a project. I hope everyone understands and is willing to advocate for this proposal again when it is reposted, thank you!