Before the launch of Season 1, it’s important for us to figure out our mission, vision, and values as a DAO.
Taken from this article: Mission, Vision & Values Facilitation
The Roles of Mission, Vision, and Values
- Mission/Purpose - A statement of why the organization exists, at the most meaningful level. It is aspirational, in that it can never be fully achieved. In this way, the purpose states why the organization does the work it does, but does not define how that work is to be done.
- Vision - A clear, specific, compelling picture of what the organization will look like at a specific time in the future (one, two, or five years), including those few key metrics that define success. It defines key results achieved and yet to be accomplished, the expected impact to the clients, and it describes specific behaviors that the organization must display to be successful. A clear vision delimits potential strategies; it helps define what’s within or outside of the organization’s bounds.
- Values - The boundaries within which the organization will operate in pursuit of its vision. It is critical to distinguish between core values (those on which the organization will never compromise and is willing to pay a price to uphold) and aspirational values (those that the organization espouses, but has yet to live up to in day-to-day operations). To be meaningful, values must be described in clear behavioral terms.
Determining our Mission, Vision, and Values is vital to who we are. It defines what we’re doing and why. It influences every decision we make. It’s important for us to nail this stuff before Season 1.
This is a work in progress and would like everyone else to contribute. Luckily, Ryan and David had put in the work to help us.
Bankless is a movement for anyone and everyone seeking liberation from the tyranny of the traditional financial system. Going Bankless means adopting decentralized, permissionless, and censorship resistant technology to achieve financial self sovereignty, security, and prosperity.
A decentralized autonomous organization acting as a steward of the Bankless Movement progressing the world towards a future of greater freedom.
A world in which anyone with an internet connection has access to the financial tools needed to achieve financial independence
Help the world go Bankless by creating friendly onramps for people to discover decentralized financial technologies through education, media, and culture.
We can learn from each other. We seek to become a trusted guide that empowers people all over the globe to adopt decentralized finance by sharing accurate, truthful, and objective information.
We operate transparently and build trust through radically public discourse and financial auditability.
We put decision making into the hands of the collective. We create legitimacy through an environment where the best ideas win.
We reward action and embrace risk. We empower our community to continually drive new initiatives by providing a space to self-organize and quickly move from idea to action.
- Select 3-5 core values [COMPLETED]
- Decide on what those values mean to us [COMPLETED]
- Workshop with writers guild and editors
- Soft consensus vote on Forum
- Update public facing material to reflect changes
We need a clear mission, vision, and values statement. A possible declaration could be:
Mission: Create friendly onramps for people to discover decentralized financial technologies through education, media, and culture.
Vision: Achieving financial freedom by using transparent, decentralized, and fair financial systems.
Values: (1) Education (2) Transparency (3) Decentralized Governance (4) Culture
- SHIP IT!!!
- I like it, but needs some work
- Are you high? What is this shit?
- Meh, don’t really care.
- I like the mission and vision
- This needs some slight modifications
- This needs heavy modifications
- This is not a priority