SEASONAL KPI 6

COMMITMENTS 6

BRANDING 6

FURTHER PROJECT CHANNELS 6

PROJECT TEASER

Building courses to onboard new podcasts empowered with Web3 tooling s

SUMMARY

Project Description

The Podcast Hatchery is a project from BanklessDAO that incubates and accelerates podcasts from within and without the DAO by empowering them with the latest and greatest in Web3 and traditional techniques.

Current Focus

• The PH team has successfully consolidated to a core team of four.
  • The focus for S8 is to develop the first half of the ‘Hatch’ cohort course for new podcasts.
  • Support on content production, and operational needs for running the team, and courses.

The Podcast Hatchery (PH) team reorganized during S6 and S7, and consists of four members. Two content leads, one marketing lead and a coordinator. The team spent the first half of S7 planning content production and strategy. The second half was focused on building course templates, operational routines and course content.

The PH will build two courses; Beginner course for those who want to start a podcast and the accelerator course for podcasts that have been around for a little while and want to professionalize.

The Beginner course includes everything you need to know from idea through production to distribution and launch.

The accelerator course helps podcasts to professionalize their content, production quality, and branding and to engage their community on a [whole] new level.

The PH team is currently in the process of reaching out to stakeholders with interest in podcast incubation within bDAO. The purpose of this work is to share the team’s vision, increase reach, and use the feedback to tailor fit our first courses

PREVIOUS SEASONS

The PH project has over the last seasons met various challenges both online and among members’ ability to participate in the project. The team decided to downscale the operations and set realistic goals for S7 and S8, taking the size of the team into consideration. The work conducted in this new form is characterized by a thorough thought process, structure, and creativity.

Our main focus for S7 has been to build a strong team culture and develop templates for content production and operational procedures that ensure the project is well-run. Many projects of bDAO struggle when one or two key contributors fall off for various reasons. The PH team has taken the consequence of this when building the team. This implies that all role holders should meaningfully participate during meetings (mic on for all), should have knowledge of the work in different positions, and be able to relieve each other when needed. Therefore, all members should be accustomed to leading during meetings and within their field.

The current PH team benefits from previous members’ contributions. The team has spent time preparing old course templates to meet current needs and become a starting point for developing course modules.

The S7 funding proposal was not submitted until March 23rd, well into S7. The PH team is in the process of building operational know-how and has reached out to bDAO members experienced in the running of projects. This included dialogue with the Treasury Department where the team suggested using funds from S5 to cover the costs of S6 and S7. The remaining funds will be returned to Treasury.

See our full plans visually, on our combined Project Miro board.

IMPLICATIONS

Project Breakdown

See the above Miro board for more details.

The PH team has divided primary responsibilities but maintains the ability any to support anyone else’s tasks.

Financial Breakdown

(all numbers in $BANK)

SEASONAL KPI

COMMITMENTS

• Increase the number of podcasts that onboard new members to banklessDAO and Web3
  • Develop a revenue stream

BRANDING

This course is brought to you by, bDAO grants!

FURTHER PROJECT CHANNELS

• I DO support the Project Podcast Hatchery S8 funding request
  • I do NOT support the Project Podcast Hatchery S8 funding request
  • I require more information before voting (please comment!)

0 voters

Good luck to you! I am excited to see what comes form this.

1 Like

Hi @Oakfloors @EriDAO @WinVerse and @Vi-Fi_Original!
I think this looks wonderful!!!
I am just wondering about the budget.
If I recall correctly, Podcast Hatchery had 1.2 million BANK remaining in the multisig from Season 5 and the Season 6 distribution.
Is this budget going to be subtracted from the amount of BANK in the multisig?
Additionally, that would leave an excess of (approx.) 1 million BANK in the multisig. Will you be sending that back? What is your plan? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the question @Sprinklesforwinners,

We’re in dialogue with Treasury about this. Our preferred solution is that outstanding costs from S6 and S7 (mainly hours for role holders) will be covered from BANK already in the multisig, and that we return the rest. We’ll do this before we receive the S8 funding.

I think this is the best way to go about it in a transparent way.

Did that cover your questions? :slight_smile: