Soft Proposal for White Hat DAO NFT Marketplace grants funding

hey @WhiteHat, I appreciate the proposal you have made, since it’s a DAO to DAO partnership proposal, I would have given a little bit of emphasis on who you are and given a little bit of time for BanklessDAO to know about you guys.

I really like what you are building especially offering an NFT marketplace on all the 9 chains.
but I have to add that some of these chains haven’t seen a lot of NFT adoption, nor do they have prominent NFT marketplaces. it will be really awesome if WHD can foster an NFT culture in those chains and rollups and have a first-mover advantage.

now talking about the advantages DAO will be getting.

Bank will be added with ETH, DAI, USDC, USDT and WHD, this might give BanklessDAO members the option to buy NFTs without swapping Bank for ETH or USDT and potentially reduce some primary sell pressure. the fun fact i don’t know how NFT curious our DAO members are and their buying patterns so I can’t speculate how much of an impact this might have on the Bank.

If I understand correctly users will have an option to buy using BANK, which is practicaly as same a benefit #1

you have mentioned that bank will be on polygon because of your marketplace.
I have to add that Bank is already a poly layer asset and we have a very elaborate strategy for bridging Bank to polygon: Polygon $BANK + DEGEN Tipping

I’m not commending the third perk as it’s up to the GC to evaluate this.

It’s also the same for the fourth option as it doesn’t exist now, but I know there is the unexplored possibility of ERC-777 token standard but bank token isn’t built using that or are you using some other proxy contract which pays gas for you by swapping BANK for eth.
if it the later we will see a lot of volatility for banks. and I’m not sure if we are enough market dept for every swap happening in the marketplace.

2 Likes