In launching their DAO, they have invited BanklessDAO to join them as a community partner. They are looking for value-aligned communities to build, educate, and advance the web3 public goods movement.
In the partnership, they are looking to share value with BanklessDAO through:
- A dedicated number of seats in DoinGud DAO governance.
- Collaboration on future events (including priority sponsorship tiers at a discount).
- Amplified exposure as a community for good (recognition on website and social media).
- A sizable discount and allow-list access to the DoinGud membership NFT sale upcoming for all BanklessDAO L1+ members.
As a community member of the DoinGud DAO, we would be joining Developer DAO, Livepeer, Gitcoin, BrightID, Kleros, Proof-of-humanity, Kernel, Giveth, TheDAOist and more, in a statement support for the #regen movement.
The DoinGud marketplace is already live and generating impact with over $380k in sales volume and $90k in donations. This is all while the platform has been in beta and closed to just a limited number of creators while the user experience was improved (we just opened up the platform early August). DoinGud also has over 60 social causes fully vetted and onboarded to the platform to receive the donations transparently on chain, with hundreds more in the pipeline.
However, their marketplace was just a start point. Next, DoinGud is going open source, building SDKs, and launching their protocol.
The DoinGud protocol is the first infrastructure for Decentralized Social Impact, enabling anyone to participate in the decentralized funding, governance, and validation of impact. It differs from existing public goods mechanism by focusing on plurality and different forms of funding social impact.
In short, DoinGud is laying the foundation for all non-profit, public goods, and general impact to be funded and organized through DAOs. The protocol will be open with limitless connections for any other platform, marketplace, or protocol to plug into and transparently stream money to the token curated registry of social causes, get rewarded, and earn governance in the protocol.
DoinGud has mentioned that a whitepaper outlining the tokenomics and fundamental incentives built into this infrastructure will be released soon.
The launch of the protocol will also come with the genesis of the DoinGud DAO. The DAO will be responsible for governing the marketplace as well as the protocol.
On top of the fundamental value to being a part of this Web3 consortium and mesh network of communities and individuals for good, there would also be tangible benefits for the BanklessDAO community.
Community Perks mentioned below have their level of exposure, priority and discount levels scaled in three membership tiers, priced respectively. More info here.
Community Membership Perks:
BanklessDAO members receive allow list access to the DoinGud Soulbound Membership NFT sale and a sizable discount (more on this below).
BanklessDAO receives collaboration priority on events with DoinGud and the consortium of DAO members at discounted sponsorship rates. For example, at ETHBarcelona there were sponsorship tiers that enabled sponsors to present a talk, receive brand marketing around the event etc.
They have mention that they plan to expand their event hosting initiative. We also would also share resources and create more awareness about what we are building to be amplified across the DoinGud socials.
Note: When I inquired about eligibility for the ‘Impact & Diversity DAO’ tier, I was informed the requirements are as follows:
- Have a social and environmental impact root focus (climate, hunger, human rights issues, etc.)
- Have a diversity root focus (inclusivity for women, persons of color, student orgs, organizations for minorities (immigrants, LGBTQ).
- Treasury smaller than 500k.
As referenced above, at the individual level, DoinGud is launching “Gud Soul” Membership NFTs that are Soulbound (non-transferrable). In order to participate in the DAO and have the necessary access to participate in the discussions on the private Discourse, Discord, and Telegram channels, individuals will need to hold a Soulbound “Gud Soul’’ Membership NFT. These “Gud Soul” Membership NFTs will provide access for 4 months or 1 year, depending on the tier.
There are four “Gud Soul” membership tiers, priced 0.0111 ETH, 0.111 ETH, 1.11 ETH, 4.20 ETH respectively. More info here. Should BanklessDAO become a DoinGud partner, BanklessDAO members would gain an 11%-33% discount based on tier selected.
Beyond membership access to the DAO, each “Gud Soul” NFT holder, depending on the tier, will get a bundle of benefits ranging from exclusive access to the beta tools and sales modes, special collaborations with our partners’ list, and bonus rewards for using the platform.
DoinGud is releasing these “Gud Soul” NFTs in two stages:
- Private allow list, including BanklessDAO.
- Public sale.
The proceeds of the “Gud Soul” Membership NFT Sales will go towards:
- Funding the building of the DoinGud protocol and marketplace.
- Donations to the social causes and Impact DAOs that join them as community partners.
In the future, the proceeds will also go to help bootstrap the impact guilds and communities using the protocol.
In order to proceed with the DoinGud DAO Community Membership, the steps include:
- Inform of the election of Membership Tier (first come/first served) by September 13th.
- Sign Agreement (will be prepared based on membership tier elected in step 1) by September 16th.
- Send funds (Wallet address provided in the agreement in step 2) by September 16th.
- Send members Ethereum wallet addresses for the Private Allow List by September 16th.
- Send the Ethereum wallet addresses of representatives that will be given seats into the DoinGud DAO by September 16th.
- Elect Community Membership Tier (supply limited, first come/first served).
Personally, after visiting ETHBarcelona I am pretty bullish on the DoinGud team. They were very good to our team, providing free entry, media passes and everything we needed to shoot on site. The team is clearly passionate about the topics covered and I believe that joining their network to continue our relationship in any way is a strong move for the DAO and the potential of the space.
What I would like to hear conversation around is how the benefits might apply to us, beyond discounts on individual membership. My thoughts are as follows:
- Exposure within the DoinGud ecosystem, alongside the other notable participants, would give us marketing boost.
- Event sponsorship discounts would be excellent if we were further along in our DAO journey and had a stronger winter treasury. Both BanklessDAO and Bankless Academy were invited to sponsor ETHBarcelona, but without the funds to back up their interest. After seeing the exposure that sponsors received, it is definitely an attractive offer for a later date (and maybe not this membership cycle).
- The “Gud Souls” NFT whitelist/discount is attractive add to the value of holding $BANK, but only in the early days before public mint.
I have included a poll to gauge sentiment and decide, if we’re interested in applying, what membership tier we should consider. Personally, I think that getting involved with at least a Tier 3 membership (1.1 ETH for 1 year) is a good move for the DAO, securing us 5 DAO governance seats and keeping us involved in the DoinGud ecosystem. I’m open to considering further purchase.
- Approve: Tier 1 (7.7 ETH)
- Approve: Tier 2 (4.2 ETH)
- Approve: Tier 3 (1.1 ETH)