Stepping down from BanklessDAO

Thank you for everything, Frog. You had the opportunity to ragequit as others have done. Instead, you crafted a profound and perfectly articulate response that encapsulates the very essence of your leadership we all admired. This is a true testament to your character. WE all love you and are here for you.

4 Likes

I feel you when you wrote about your struggles which reminded me of Sisyphus and his boulder. This reflects how much you cared and have poured into this. It is a testament of your strength and sense of responsibility.

You may feel that all you have provided and sacrificed for BanklessDAO is insufficient as we still faced many of the challenges you have listed. But you have been holding the torch and showed us the way for 8 months!!! (How many can say they have done this?!) So it’s ok to pass the torch to someone else.This baby is too heavy for one to feel they have to lift alone. It needs a village, a community to nurture and raise it to maturity. In Bahasa Melayu, there is the idea of Goto Royong, or a community coming together to achieve something or do something together. We have this and we will keep this spirit going!

Health is wealth. Without health, there is no life. I pray you would find time to rediscover what sparks joy for you (so Marie Kondo!), reflect deeply and achieve clarity and wisdom, reconnect with what matters most and reignite the fire :fire: in you.

Thank you so much and see you soon!

5 Likes

Good luck Frog, you are one of most important people that guided me in the DAO world. Take all the time you need to recover. I am gonna miss you but i know we are gonna see you again in somewhere.

3 Likes

Thank you and May the Force be with you!

3 Likes

It takes courage to stand up for yourself (and others) and not be taken by the current. It is of no surprise to see you lead with courage now as you assess what you want to do with your life. +1 to all of the compliments you are reading. I have enjoyed working with you and reading your ‘papers’. Wishing you all of the best and hoping our paths cross again and again.

4 Likes

I would prefer you not dump more or your brain in the forums. You create a lot of work for other people to do and left a significant amount of emotional labour for members to deal with over the past few months in the forums.

Good luck and well wishes.

1 Like

Hi frog, thanks for sharing with us about yourself.

Please take a break and go enjoy nature.

I feel you are taking on too much onto yourself.

There are many questions in life that cannot be answered. Just like how many things in a DAO might never find a solution.

Take care! And see you around! (would i get to see you in may?)

6 Likes

I am shocked, but I totally understand your decision and fully support it. I feel the pain in the post. You poured your heart and soul into this journey, and the outcome is massive- Your work will change the world, big time!

3 Likes

Thanks for your contribution to the DAO, Good luck!

2 Likes

In nod to acquisition

We’ve never met but when I was working in Legal Guild all were in awe of how you beat the drum and waved the flag when rounding up support in the early days. Pre-mortems are like memorials, but not in celebration of ashes, but in remembrance of the (early) flame. In these dark days of disarray, ␢DAO sorely misses your energy and drive.

Personal note: The focus here shouldn’t be driving people to buy BANK to gain access. There’s a lack of social cohesion, going back to my point earlier about work feeling like work again, not play. The focus here should be kicking off events that are fun and informative, in line with our culture.

So no matter where you go and what happens, I wish your rainbow parachute opens to a vista of wonder and fun.

2 Likes