TEMP CHECK - Guest Pass V2

@sianjon

So based on this plan, (I’ll use this to understand the process just incase I get it wrong anyone can correct me)

You can’t use the DAO to pay your bills because you in theory cannot use TL bank.

As this plan states, it sounds like it’s either 3, 4, or 6 months to have guest pass status and earn L1.

If you can’t earn it in that amount of time, or you have bills that are blocking your path, you are sunk. No matter how much you are value aligned.

Now it sounds like there’s a plan to use some seasonal budgets for extreme situations, but, it doesn’t sound like there’s a set in stone plan to help folks like yourself… right. Now.

@Icedcool @Jengajojo @patrickworkman please correct me, or tear this apart if you’d like, I’m trying to understand this myself.

I just got enough money to earn L1. Ironically, I did this because of my IRL job, but I’d say there’s a bit of assistance from contributing to bdao as well, as a guest passer. At face value, im less of a fan of this idea without some serious checks

I would vote yes IF there were a few things:

1. A clear cut “mission” from the DAO suggesting whether the DAO is essentially looking for volunteers to work towards the cause, whether the cause is “you can start earning once you earn L1 status (which isn’t that bad!) or accountability regarding the focus of the DAO (we’re not going to say that this is decentralized, because this whole process isn’t as decentralized as we think)

2. A scholarship or grant process for people to apply to, and perhaps governance or grants committee can decide if they give away this scholarship (I would say it would have to be a probably a max of 10k to make this not be a free for all or a second coming of the airdrop)

3. This TLBANK idea is great, but it doesn’t sound like it’s actually solving people who were using bank for income (unless you incorporate option 1 or 2 into this)

The problem we have is that there were articles like

And this:

https://www.bankless.com/how-to-get-paid-by-daos

That have boxed the DAO into a bit of a whole. We’re still not talking about compensation, which we need to discuss. I’ve noticed a lot of L2 contributors that had to drop down to guest pass. Is the answer to cut those people off? (So to speak)

So I suppose the clarification, and understanding of everyone in this DAO (even the guest passers). Would make me less concerned and more accepting about this plan. Something defintiely needs to be done. I’m just thinking this plan isnt there yet.