[V2] Establish and fund a Governance Department

"How would you know? "

I did start the process when I found out that we were missing some of the specifics regarding the proper definition given the other metric like LP tokens and whether those should be included. A little ways into the the process I discovered the Treasury was exploring ways to modify membership with time-locked BANK, so I abandoned the process until treasury could try this out.

The process was straight forward and simple from my perspective. So yes, I would know.

“I disagree that the proposal authors haven’t gathered enough consensus, and I disagree on your view that having a governance department would be unsustainable.”

1. One of the previous attempts I made but my feedback was rejected because it was too late, the proposal was already on the forum, used a soft consensus check that was almost a year old rather than engage with a fresh poll or hear feedback.

2. No you’re not hearing me because I’m not saying that “a governance department would be unsustainable”, I’m saying that setting the expectation that people must participate in working groups in order to have any input in the final product is not sustainable. Those aren’t the same thing.

And I will reiterate that our constitution currently says that the forum is to be used in the feedback gathering stage of the bDIP process, which is being ignored by recent proposals not incorporating any feedback offered from the forum because it’s considered too late in the process.

1 Like