Bankless DAO x POAP
A couple of weeks ago I was having a discussion with Worthalter who is the founder of POAP, and he proposed donating $10,000 to the DAO in exchange for a professional top-quality report of POAPs current situation and challenges. If all goes well, he envisions this could be a recurring commission.
POAP has a 30+ person team and they have inbound interest coming from top organizations like the NBA, big media corps, and others of the same caliber; but are struggling with growth. The idea was that since those in Bankless DAO are likely more familiar with POAP, they could help provide feedback of POAP’s plans and ideas to overcome their challenges.
The following specific areas they need help in are as follows:
- Community management - They do not have a strategy and do not really know how to engage with different audiences
- Growth strategy - They are not sure about moving out of their comfort zone (crypto events where they are leaders) and trying to tackle in-person events.
- Tech support - They barely keep up
- Documentation - They would like someone to prepare tutorials, explainers, and general stuff about POAP
- Product brainstorming
- Hiring - Crypto natives that understand POAP well and are looking for full time are not abundant
This is a good opportunity for Bankless DAO to show off our skills and how we can have real-world impact.
I delayed pushing this forward immediately to give us some time to organise ourselves, but now that the guilds are in place, I think we are in a position to start discussing how we would like to approach this. Perhaps this is a good first task for the beginning of Season 1?
A few notes from me:
- I am happy to contribute towards this project, but my personal life is quite busy at the moment (I’m a PhD student and I also work part-time), so it would likely be better for someone with a bit more available time to take lead on this. Especially on the organisational side and putting a team together.
- The budget is not massive, so it would be important to keep this in mind when considering scope
- As an example of the type of content that may be useful, here was my suggestion that originally prompted this discussion:
I thought if we do a POAP every week, we’re gonna end up with quite a number of POAPs, and especially as POAPs get wider use we will all accumulate quite a few. Since they are on-chain representations of participation, they can function kind of like a window into what you are interested in. With this in mind I thought maybe a showcase feature (show your personal favourite POAPs at the top), and some sort of ability to make custom “folders” or “sections” of POAPs. e.g. I could put all my community call POAPs into their own section, since there are a lot of them (and I want them) but I do not necessarily want them clogging up the main view.
A few discussion points:
- Seems like a good candidate for cross-guild collaboration, is there a particular guild who would be suited to taking the lead on this?
- This is likely something that may require a bit of back-and-forth with the POAP team. Do we have a process for this type of discussion? Probably best to funnel communication through just one or two people for clarity. e.g. some type of Ambassador
- We should probably stitch together of a proposal of what we could deliver and run this past the POAP team
- There will need to be discussion around how we handle the donation and what form this will take
- How does compensation work for projects such as this