[DRAFT] BDAO Discord Channel Code System

I would have to agree with @Trewkat. I’ve been around for say 3-4 months and when I started, the number of channels available might have been overwhelming but it was NEVER confusing.

The system proposed for me, just makes it more confusing. We’re humans and not bots/librarians, i think the system we have right now is pretty good but if needed, can be organized in a way of maybe alphabetization or sorting them into Guilds to Projects. Please do not add numerics, what a nightmare. From the other proposal which is the “Reorganization of Bankless Dao” due to reaching limits, i think it is also enough if we move/delete unneccesary channels. This would already help alot in terms of scrolling to your designated Guild.

I do not agree about scrolling into the calendar to find what we’re looking for a hassle, I like seeing what’s new or things that might be interesting to attend to. Removing this would make info for meetings more exclusive to guilds and I don’t think it aligns with the DAOs values.

Do we have data for new members on how easy/confusing it was navigating the server when they started? Perhaps the way we arrange channels at the moment can be explained/included in First Quest or something like that? If there really is a big percentage of people confused in navigating when they first joined the server, what does that data look like and how do we make it better? We need to gather direct feedback from people what kind of system they want if there really is confusion compared to proposing a system out of nowhere. “Give people what they want”. To be honest, I’m not sure it’s also beginner friendly to have a “code” system.

Appreciate you wanting to make it better, but I will vote no for now as I like how it is at the moment and do not really like the coding system proposed - and NO, that doesn’t mean that I live for chaos and unending confusion.

All the best.

3 Likes

Maybe just propose to create a working group to come up with 3 different solutions, i would support funding of this research. Mentorship Program is also working towards increasing Discord Use Education. If interested in helping to shape a Level 2 Course please drop a message in #mentorship-program in Edu Guild.

1 Like