Title: Fintech Nexus Partnership Proposal
Authors: Bo | BanklessDAO , ManuelMaccou:black_flag:, Coffee & Crypto
Publish Date: March 21, 2022
This proposal is to gain approval for a partnership with Fintech Nexus, a ten-year-old media company considered to be one of the leading voices in financial services innovation.
The central activity of this partnership is to assist in the marketing of a series of Web3 onboarding workshops, called Cryptonexus, the first two of which will be held in New York on May 23-24, 2022. The Cryptonexus workshops will take place immediately prior to the Fintech Nexus NYC event, which expects to gather up to 4,000 fintech and banking executives from around the world on May 25-26 in NYC’s largest conference venue, the Jacob Javits Center (See Note 1).
The mission of this workshop is to enable fintech & TradFi professionals to move from crypto-curious to crypto-capable, safely & confidently.
In the financial services industry, many executives are mindful and progressive in thinking about fintech solutions constructed outside the same old technological rails. The financial revolution known as DeFi is potentially the most disruptive change to traditional financial services the world has ever seen. There are a number of TradFi and fintech players who are becoming increasingly aware of their own need to understand DeFi. In addition, regulators may ultimately (or immediately?) provide a material roadblock to commercial success in the US and elsewhere. This is the opportunity we are presented with — To aid in the necessary transformation the traditional finance industry will be required to participate in if they want to survive.
Our role in this effort involves building a bridge between the TradFi and DeFi communities through a badged educational program that brings the best of BanklessDAO to the banking and fintech leaders of the Fintech Nexus community.
The Fintech Nexus brand is deeply respected worldwide for its content, connections, and capital. BanklessDAO is one of the strongest content producers, and among the most respected leaders in Web3. Together, these brands can work together to educate the financial world about the opportunities crypto presents.
LendIt Fintech’s team is dedicated to promoting the advancement of financial services through its digital media, capital connection, and IRL events. Meanwhile, BanklessDAO has a dedicated member base on a mission to enable a world without dependence on banks.
Dates: 23-24 May, 2022 (two one-day events)
Location: New York City; venue TBC
Attendees: 100 total, spread between two days
Target segments: Tradfi and fintech executives
Agenda framework: These are day-long classroom-style workshops divided into multiple presentations with participant interaction and networking.
Cryptonexus will provide the following benefits to BanklessDAO for the May workshops:
- Marketing BanklessDAO as a media partner of Cryptonexus on the event website, marketing materials, and acknowledgment during the workshop;
- IRL exposure for BanklessDAO among the fintech and banking community
- Employment opportunities for BanklessDAO members provided by Cryptonexus (bounty and project-based comp), to be paid in a combination of $BANK, $ETH, and $USDC.
- 5% referral bonus for any introductions to organizations not already in our pipeline that result in closed sponsorships
- 5% finder’s fee (5% of revenue) for any introductions that result in further workshop engagements (See Note 2).
- 10% profit share from the May workshops, or a minimum of $5,000, whichever is greater, to BanklessDAO
- All payments from Cryptonexus to BanklessDAO treasury will be made in USDC.
- Full indemnity against any legal liabilities (See Note 3).
In exchange, BanklessDAO will provide Cryptonexus:
- A nonexclusive right to use its logo and description in promotional material, including but not limited to the Cryptonexus and Fintech Nexus websites, and marketing materials pertaining to the workshops
- Announcements to the BanklessDAO community on or prior to May 20, 2022:
- Four or more mentions of the Cryptonexus workshops during community calls
- Four or more mentions about Cryptonexus within Discord with links to our ticketing page in an appropriate channel, preferably with an @everyone or @here tag.
- Six or more tweets about Cryptonexus with link to our ticketing page
- Six or more mentions about Cryptonexus in BanklessDAO newsletter(s) or podcasts.
Note: If this proposal passes, we will work together with newsletter and podcast teams to discuss features. It is ultimately their decision to feature this partnership in their channels.
Bo | BanklessDAO - BanklessDAO L3. Entrepreneur of 20 + years. Cofounder & CEO of fintech media & events company. Former Silicon Valley VC. Family man. Full bio here.
Coffee & Crypto - IT veteran of 16 years from help desk to consulting Fortune 500 companies in the Microsoft Azure Cloud space. Experience starting and running technology user groups and conferences. Fell down crypto rabbit hole last June and Bankless DAO member since last October.
ManuelMaccou🏴 - Committed member of BanklessDAO since season 2. Lead the initiative to strengthen the brand of the Education Guild. Experience in sales, hospitality/events, and product management.
Note 1: Fintech Nexus is the new name that LendIt Fintech will announce when it rebrands in April/May of this year. LendIt Fintech was founded in 2013 by Bo | BanklessDAO #7210, who has built it into one of the world’s most respected fintech media organizations.
Note 2: Currently we have two workshops on the schedule, which are noted in this proposal. We anticipate generating strongly positive feedback and testimonials that result in a pipeline of further workshop opportunities. Bankless Consulting is well positioned to assist in this effort.
Note 3: Fintech Nexus bears sole responsibility for all financial outlays relating to this event. There is no exposure of financial loss to BanklessDAO associated with this proposal.
Note 4: This agreement pertains to the May workshops.
Please indicate whether or not you approve of becoming a media partner of Cryptonexus according to the proposed terms.
- Approve with changes (Please comment)