Title: Bankless Cleveland-Blockchain Sponsorship
Squad: 0xJustice.eth#6213, Bludex#6249
Date Created: January 26, 2022
Date Posted: January 26, 2022
We host a monthly in-person Blockchain and Crypto meetup group in Cleveland, Ohio. It is the only meeting of its kind in the city. Our group has grown to 77 members with an average attendance of 20-25 people per meeting and Feb will only be our third meeting. The format is two-part with a repeated introduction. The introduction covers the ground rules of the group and reviews security best practices. After this, we present the state of the market from a financial standpoint, then step through specific areas of Web3 proficiency typically in a workshop style session projecting the screen on 4 large mounted televisions.
- First Meeting (Dec 21)
- Blockchain, cryptocurrency, and centralized exchanges.
- History of Web3 and review of it as a technical and cultural movement.
- Second Meeting (Jan)
- Technical analysis methods and Bankless Academy (We stepped the class through the material)
- Wallet basics, Layer 2 onramps, and a Defi example (Simulated CDP)
- Third Meeting (Feb)
- NFTs Demystified: The history, culture, and tech behind non-fungible tokens
- Minting and token gated access demonstration
- Fourth Meeting (March)
- A planned deep dive into DAOs
Future sessions will both cover other aspects of web3 and dive deeper into topics previously reviewed. We are requested BanklessDAO to be our first sponsor. We are sure that we will have many sponsorship opportunities down the line given the growth and composition of the group but we feel it’s fitting to have bDAO be the first given the fact that it’s how Bludex and myself met and made the whole thing possible.
Until now, Bludex and I have covered the cost of the room rental and refreshments. Our hope is to further increase the visibility and quality of these monthly meetups in such a way as to attract future sponsorships and other speakers. We are keeping close tabs on other geo-specific DAO projects hoping to claim the “available” position for the city as well. We feel this is the very genesis of a local DAO community.
MISSION & VALUES ALIGNMENT
We are actively onboarding people to Defi, Web3, and self-sovereignty as well as promoting the BanklessDAO community and growing product offering.
This sponsorship request will pay for 3 months of the meetup and accomplish several, more important, things:
- It will demonstrate to the group that DAOs are real business entities with financial resources and interests in promoting their communities
- It will bring awareness to the DAO as it will be publicly posted on the meetup docs and in the presentation materials
- It will act as a test case to future bDAO sponsorships and local chapter initiatives
Our endgame is to open a gate from the Web3 metaverse into the city of Cleveland. Bludex is extremely connected and has been interviewed by major news organizations over the last few months. On each occasion, he is promoting the meetup such that it has garnered the attention of local newspapers, government entities, local businesses, and real estate organizations.
A three-month experiment to identify optimum sponsorship patterns, local chapter dynamics, and social return on investment. This will help to cover the cost of the event.
Total funding requested: 18,000 BANK
We will list BanklessDAO as the sponsor on online and in-person materials in order to promote the movement.
SUCCESS METRICS OR KPIS
Increases in new attendants and return visitors.
Vote to signal interest in sponsoring this meetup or comment to voice reservations/concerns.
Bludex: Greg’s online (and offline) audience has skyrocketed over the last several months accumulating more readers than many prominent DAO thought leaders. He brings deep knowledge in finance, trading, and technical analysis to the table.
0xJustice: Justice is deeply entranced in the Web3 and DAO culture/ethos as well as coming from a startup and dev background. Together they make a good Web3 mullet. Many people come for the financial alpha and get red-pilled into the metaverse.
- Yes, lets sponsor this and revisit in 3 months.
- No, I don’t think agree with the direction of this.
- Maybe, needs more work.