Governance Election: Season 8 - Grants Committee Election Submission

@Bananachain this will be my last post in this thread, because it appears we’re at an impasse, and it’s exhausting going back and forth like this. I’ll just mention a few things that have confused me.

It feels like you believe that because I am active in many DAO areas, that I should not run for Grants Committee. This is confusing, because for me it’s actually a plus to have people who are active in the DAO at high-impact positions. It’s an elected position that any member can run for it, so I really don’t see an issue with me running. The DAO will decide whether or not my other positions are a conflict. For the record, I do contribute to the Governance Department, but I had no role in founding it, and I’m only on the multisig because we couldn’t find other members to take it on. Shame on me for volunteering my time and energy to the Bankless mission, I guess?

It feels like you are anti-centralization, and yet you believe the Governance Department should create a bDIP for an issue that you care about. I’m confused, because having the Governance Department responsible for all bDIPs seems overly-centralized. If you care about something, YOU should be the one to champion it. If you want to see a separation of powers, then you have the authority to write a bDIP, gain consensus, and make it happen. THAT is decentralized governance. The Governance Department exists to steward the governance process, including having a space for like-minded individuals to meet and rally. Post your thoughts in the governance channels and I’m sure you’ll find people who want to work on this with you.

It feels like you are anti-centralization, and somehow you believe Bankless Card being a self-sovereign entity is a bad thing. I’m confused because isn’t self-sovereignty the reason we are all here? You’re implying Bankless Card is shady, but in truth we are one of the most capital-efficient and transparent projects at BanklessDAO. Bankless Card asked for retro-funding for seasons 3-4 and a grant for Season 5. Instead of burning all those funds and asking for seasonal funding in Season 6 and 7, we instead stewarded our treasury by limiting costly role salaries and offering our contributors the ability to stack our FUTURE token in exchange for current BANK disbursements. In doing so we were able to save over 50% of BANK expenses over the last 3 seasons. In terms of scrutiny, all of our meeting notes and accounting are public, and KPIs to the DAO at the community call usually once a month. We do all this while shippinga LOT. The Grants Committee has never asked us for additional information, but we would provide it if asked.

You seem to be pro-democracy, and yet you take issue with voters choosing who they want to represent them. I’m confused, because it sounds an awful lot like censorship. I am running for GC is because I was privately asked by multiple bDAO members to run. Your position is that the DAO should restrict me from running because “oligopoly”. Members can vote however they like. If you want people to rally behind your ideas, then put in the work to gather consensus and/or stand for election.

Anyways, as I said, this will be my last post on the matter. The election is currently active, and DAO members can choose to vote as they wish. I’m not here to run in circles - it’s much more fun to build the bankless future. All the best to you =)

3 Likes