Governance Election: Season 9 - Grants Committee Election Submission
Submission Period: 8/10/23 - 8/19/23
Election Period: 8/20/23 - 8/27/23
There will be 3 seats open for Season 9 Grants Committee.
The Grants Committee consists of 5-7 members along with a multisig with all committee members as signers.
- The Committee is responsible and accountable for managing the grants system, reviewing grant applications, and managing the grants treasury, with the help of other guilds as needed (e.g., treasury).
- The Committee has a quorum with five members and is otherwise responsible for their own operations.
- The Committee cannot change the application process to be a Committee member without a snapshot vote and is encouraged to accept the DAO’s proposal template.
- The Grants Committee is required to be transparent and communicative with the DAO, such as access to Committee meetings and an opportunity to voice opinions and feedback.
The voting period will last one week and will take place on Snapshot:
- Grants Committee Applications will be submitted and decided on by a weighted snapshot vote, and the highest 5 voted applications will be elected into the Grants Committee.
- Any unelected candidate can gather feedback, improve their resume, and resubmit for future vacancies.
- Committee members can be recalled by Snapshot with a simple majority. Committee members may leave the Committee at any time by submitting a written resignation note to the Committee.
Submitter must be Level 1 or higher
Elected GC members serve for a term (2 seasons) for a maximum of 2 consecutive terms.
Please find more information here: https://www.notion.so/44eb039915ff47128e98e39696d39109 8
To submit your application you must reply to this post by including:
- Discord handle
- Reason for applying
- Sponsor(s) (i.e., those who will second your nomination - the more the merrier!)
Here’s the wording from the Constitution about Grants Committee, which does not conflict with the above but has been updated for clarity: https://github.com/BanklessDAO/bankless-dao-constitution/blob/main/bdao-constitution.md#46-grants-committee
Also, which GC members are staying on for Season 9, please?
@Steff @Icedcool @links and @0xbaer are staying on GC for S9
What happens if a Guest Pass member earns L1 during the nomination period? Can they apply at that stage?
I don’t recall this happening in the past, but I suppose it could.
As long as they have L1 when the submit (and after) it will probably be fine. If they lost L1 during their term that would be another story that has yet to be written
I suppose you’d have to hold to the term of “having L1 at submission” I would think!
I.e. you can’t apply, then sell it.
I would love to express my sincere interest in collaborating to enhance the grant review system at the GC. My motivation stems from a genuine desire to fortify the foundations of transparency and clarity, ensuring that guilds, departments, and projects receive funding under a system that epitomizes fairness and integrity. More than just a role, I see this as an imperative responsibility. The GC stands at the nexus of the DAO’s projects and aspirations, and I am eager to help strengthen the rapport between the GC and all DAO members. By facilitating open communication and offering support to project leads, I aim to ensure their initiatives are in harmony with the DAO’s overarching values and goals.
Having been an active member of the DAO since Season 4, I have had the privilege of witnessing its growth, challenges, and triumphs. Over the span of a year, I have taken on multiple roles and contributed to various projects, which has provided me with a comprehensive understanding of our organizational dynamics. Currently serving as the treasurer for the Dev Guild and the operations coordinator for the education department, I have cultivated skills that bridge both financial acumen and organizational management. My real-world experience in accounting and administration further enhances my capabilities, making me uniquely positioned to provide valuable insights and solutions.
It would be both an honor and a privilege to represent the dedicated contributors to the DAO in this capacity. My commitment is not just to serve, but to serve with dedication, integrity, and a forward-looking vision for the collective good of our community. Thank you for your consideration, and I am hopeful for the opportunity to contribute even more meaningfully to the DAO’s journey.
Reason for Applying
After 22 months of diverse contributions in various areas and workstreams of BanklessDAO, I believe it’s time to step up and provide value as a Grants Committee member.
I am confident that with the gained knowledge and experience in DAO life during this time, and alongside other fellow Grants Committee members, I’ll be able to help achieve the following goals:
- Deliver a smooth execution of the grant request and funding processes.
- Provide guidance and support to projects that are looking to succeed.
- Promote best practices for a healthy treasury and funding capacity.
Active BanklessDAO Member since October 2021
Active BanklessDAO Level 2 Member since January 2022
Marketing Department Coordinator Seasons 6, 7, 8
Marketing Department Campaign Coordinator Seasons 6, 7, 8
Marketing Department Talent Coordinator Seasons 3, 4, 5
Translations Guild Talent Coordinator for Seasons 3, 4, 5
Icedcool, HiroKennelly, 0xZFi, Anaphant, coffee-crusher, jengajojo
Season 9 - Grants Committee Election Submissions are now closed!
Thank you for applications @Ornella and @Paulito
Excited to see your contributions to the GC!!
I Second this Nomination.