Media Nodes Model for Applications/Leads, Verification, Benefits, and Accountability

Overall, this proposal is very sound… An intro to “media nodes”, their role and purpose as it relates to engaging the community would be a good up front edition to the proposal. I am trying to unpack that in my mind, so if something clicks, I’ll make a suggestion. I really like that this is building a virtuous commercial relationship between Bankless and those members who become Media Nodes. I’m not on the discord yet, so I don’t have background, but I think the Web 2.0 analogy is affiliate programs… You do realize that if you build that, you would be disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry :). Just saying and yeah, i want to be a part of that, so if anyone has any influence on how to get Devin_S into the discord, I’d love to join a meeting of the minds as you initiate this program… I’d love to be Media Node 1 if I could or top 10… I have an aggressive growth plan myself and this provides a very ideal win/win support model, if I read it right.

1 Like

Solid. But one big Q…why are we giving away BANK (via staking)? Why Staking and not just instead burn it or add it directly to the treasury?

Why do we need to reward nodes with more BANK (via staking)? To me, the BANK that is needed to become a media node could be more of a ticket - and you need this ticket (BANK) in order to enter the DAO as a media node (you could possibly burn this BANK upon onboarding). I think the DAO can/should provide benefits that will justify the needed BANK to enter. I am just super conservative with spending BANK when we really might not need to. I guess I am just questioning the need to a “staking BANK feature” for nodes.

Thanks for the feedback! I think I might not have been clear enough about what I meant by staking. The idea is that the media node would have to provide 35k BANK to stake, either acquired on the open market or by completing bounties. That would not be provided by the DAO.

Moving this to archive as its in flight.

2 Likes