Research guild - S8 budget & proposal

@Trewkat polls are still supposed to be up for a week, yes? I ask you because I know you have a good general
sense of documents. And I tend to be super forgetful :frowning:

I actually did not close the poll myself, but the idea of quorum needing to be reached after being on forum for at least a week would be my guess. I will confer with @Aloy as he is the one who posted this, and he would be the one able to close it.

No worriers- As a Guild, you donā€™t have to meet quorum. Even though this poll doesnā€™t count as a vote, I actually wanted it to be reflective of how I will be voting on budgets that arenā€™t necessary. I think research is needed in so many areas, just at a different capacity if the Guild isnā€™t providing anything to the DAO at this time. I was going to vote No here.

Why do you think the guild isnā€™t providing anything? This is a good topic to discuss!

Also. Considering the different levels of clarity issues that have arisen from this seasons proposal process. I would like to at least land some general understanding around something regarding seasonal polls. That is why I am asking.

Thank you.

@Sprinklesforwinners i think based on what the quorum requirements stated according to the GC the poll was supposed to meet the necessary voting capacity in a minimum of 1 week and this poll have been up for 8 days which is more than a week if Iā€™m not wrong and well weā€™re not aware if itā€™s to be used or not in decision-making since itā€™s been stated but since youā€™ve said it wonā€™t be of use then sure questions and comments on the poll can still come in and will be attended to by the research guild.

@Sprinklesforwinners Lovely feedback and if you donā€™t mind me asking why do you think research is important but not a priority at the moment and what criteria did you use to determine whether a budget is necessary or not and also why you think the guild isnā€™t providing anything for the DAO
Although I appreciate your understanding and perspective on the need for research in many areas and even though Iā€™m yet to know the fact behind your concern on allocating funds to project you may not see necessary at the time Iā€™ll still love to hear back from you in order to best understand why you feel that way about the guild.

Thank you

1 Like

You arenā€™t wrong. It is a minimum of 7 days! I was just asking why it was closed- @ETrinity007414 what are some research areas that Research Guild has helped to provide research for the DAO for?
It seems to me, this research into our governance would be helpful.

Thank you for your question, @Sprinklesforwinners. I agree that research into our governance would be very helpful for the DAO and we actually came up with an initiative of doing some research on a topic even though one of the research have been nullified which weā€™re still looking forward to continue the research till we ensure a better result from the topic itself and still on the topic of what research areas research guild has helped to provide research for the DAO we are already looking into that by helping out with some research requests from the Daostewards and soon from other guilds as well. The Research Guild has been involved in several research areas such as the DAO sentimental tracker, dework integration for talent pathways, health chatter, stablecoins research, and more. We are also trying to collaborate with other guilds such as bLabs to produce more research reports. And weā€™re still encouraging for more research requests to be presented to the guild both from members of the guild and from other guilds as well. However, as youā€™ve mentioned earlier, from past season weā€™ve been acknowledging that funding has been a challenge and we are looking to improve in that aspect as well. Your input and support are important to us, and we appreciate any suggestions you may have on how we can better serve the DAO through our research efforts as we are still working to do so

1 Like

Sorry, last question Is the DAO able to see the results of this research?

Of what specific research?

There is a public facing notion that any one can read

The results from the sentiment tracker, the collab with blabs

Collab with blabs is still ongoing and avail to those interested.

Sentiment Tracker is @sandeepdas9179 and @Ashish which can be discussed with them.