Season 6 - Grants Committee Election Application Submission

Hi Frens,

Feems#4876 here, I am putting my name up for nomination for the Grants Committee.

Reason for applying
Only being in Bankless for a little over half a year I have had the pleasure of working on many projects and guilds (ops, research, AV, Treasury, Bankless Africa, Global events team among other others), so it’s fair to say that I have put my hand in many of the baskets of this DAO and contributed heavily. Why is this important? well I think in order to accurately asses a project for the benefit of the DAO one must play in the different areas of the organization to understand a holistic perspective of this machine we call Bankless DAO but most importantly the efforts of it’s members.

My priorities as a grants committee member, if selected will be looking at the following

• Projects that can sustain themselves and bring back revenue to our treasury
  • Projects that can assist with our brand awareness and potential conversion of casual members to core members
  • Projects that have a product market fit that can assist in the valuation of not only our brand but our token.

That’s my priorities - however I think we need to reduce the subjectivity of grant decisions but also allow opportunities for more people to be successful when they submit a proposal. I would also like to spearhead selection criteria for transparent and equitable selection (the same as standard grants do outside of web 3) - with a clear focus on impact, feasibility, costs, measurement criteria and how it relates to the members specified goals in this election (like mine stated above). It reduces the subjectivity and I think having alignment as a committee to what our goals are or providing a clearer measurement tool will allow for a more standardized and equitable decision process.
I also think that it would be very helpful to be specific as to what is missing from candidates application in order for them to be successful (again that is why if we had clear goals even as individual assessors we can refer back to it)

Qualifications

• I am very aware of the projects and work of guilds in the Bankless ecosystem
  • I personally onboard people to BDAO based on their skill set to specific projects
  • I have run grant projects and applied for traditional grants
  • Frequently attend GC meetings to listen in
  • A DAO governance engineer and DAO governance educator whose goal is to create processes and designs for those intended to participate to do so
  • Incredibly pragmatic but will provide helpful feedback
  • Always there to help a member in need a
  1. Sponsor(s) (i.e., those who will second your nomination - the more the merrier!)
    jengajojo.eth, Icedcool🏴#4947,puncar#6764,HiroKennellyᵍᵐ🏴#0001,montgomery
    #8177,infinitehomie.eth :black_flag::hammer_and_wrench::test_tube:
3 Likes

I second your nomination @tesa_fc