Program Champion: ItamarGo
Reviewers: aar0n, tomfutago, McKethanor, jokerdelmar
Created Date: October 5, 2022
Gnosis Safe: eth:0x3aEF6716a492D5bE3D8A785b4998B94D5171B732
The mission of the DAO Dash project is to provide DAO role holders, guild leaders and members with analytical insights that are meaningful for the community as a whole. Starting with BanklessDAO and expanding to the rest of the DAO ecosystem.
In season 5, the team accomplished the following:
- Full deployment of the new bot to the first “production” Discord server (BanklessDAO)
- Adding a data pipeline from a new data source: Discourse
- Adding a new insight based on the new data pipeline: Soft votes engagement
- Automatically collecting statistics on how discord users are engaging with the bot
- Conducting user interviews to identify opportunities to improve the user experience that the bots value to its users
From a project maturity perspective, the team’s primary goal in season 6 is to start to meaningfully shift the funding source for the project from being fully dependent on grants committee funding to having to rely more and more on funding provided by DAO Dash users, as reflected in the reduced budget that we are requesting this season.
Our product strategy for Season 6 aims to go deep in supporting BanklessDAO, its guilds, and its projects, even at the expense of not deploying the bot to additional DAOs this season. Our thesis is that without finding true value-add use cases within the BanklessDAO ecosystem, we do not have product-market fit, so there’s no point in scaling the product to other DAOs.
Our recent customer discovery interviews have truly highlighted that our unique value proposition is in providing nuanced insights which require deep integration with data sources. For example, insights around a particular type of user (new users, “writers guild” role holders) and a particular type of activity (participation in a particular call).
Specifically, in Season 6, the team will focus on partnering with guilds, projects, and other stakeholders on building insights around the engagement of various sub-communities.
On the back end, these efforts will require investments in continuous monitoring of data integrity and improvement to our deployment process to expedite the deployment of new insights.
|Area||Hours / Season||Rate||Total|
|Software development||200||1000 BANK||200,000|
|User Acquisition/ Onboarding/ Success||100||1000 BANK||100,000|
|Expenses: Database||$40/mo||$120 USDC or DAI|
|Expenses: Airflow server||$40/mo||$120 USDC or DAI|
- DAO Dash V2 announcement
- DAO Dash User Manual
- DAO Dash Notion Page
- Project channel: #dao-dash-project
- I support DAO Dash S6 funding
- More detail needed, please revise
In Season 2, we provided insights in the areas of Member Engagement, Transaction Analysis, Governance, Coordination and Education to answer the following questions:
- How many weekly active members are there within the DAO by roles (i.e., L1, L2, guests)?
- What % of new members go on to obtain the “First Quest Complete” role? (First Quest)
- Of members who obtain the “First Quest Complete” role, how many are active after 1 day, 1 week, 1 month? (First Quest)
- What is the retention rate between those who complete First Quest vs those that do not?
- What do tipping patterns tell us about member engagement?
- Member Participation in Governance:
- What % of members vote on Snapshot? (DAO wide)
Grants & Rewards:
- How are funds distributed to and from various guilds, projects?
- What do Coordinape giving patterns tell us about Bankless DAO network health?
- What do tipping patterns tell us about Bankless DAO network health?
- What is the number of users who start and complete Academy course(s)?
- What is the number of mobile vs desktop users? (Academy)
In Season 3, we provided additional insights and started distributing them to the DAO. Additionally, we built several pipelines including a BANK Subgraph, Snapshot Pipeline, andCoordinape Pipeline. We built a POC for interacting with DAODash via Discord Slash commands, and aligned that this is a viable path forward for value accumulation for DAO Dash.
Support for the DAO:
- Answered guild membership questions for:
- Dev Guild
- Fight Club
- Bankless Consulting
- Answered meeting attendance questions for multiple guilds
- Helped solve the Snapshot quorum question with detailed metrics and breakdowns of contributor voting patterns
DAO Dash interaction:
- Created DAO Dash bot command protocol
- Created DAO Dash parameterized dashboard
- Experimented with 1 dashboard
DAO Dash Deployments
- Created multi-tenancy environment for multi-DAO scaling
- DAO Punks
- Bankless Brazil
In Season 4, we went further down the path of Discord CLI and focused on building out a Discord Bot interaction protocol. DAO Dash, at the end of S4, will be delivered to the bDAO server, along with training, to enable members to answer the questions that they come to our team to answer. On a daily basis, we are asked questions such as
- “Who is active in the [insert guild name] guild this season?”
- “How many L1s and L2s have gone silent in the past 30 days”
- “How much budget is sent out from the [insert project name] multisig, and to which wallets is it being distributed?”
- “What is Snapshot voter behavior like over the past 3 seasons?
- “Which voice channels or text channels are the most active?”
We are now turning the ability to answer these questions over to the DAO, using the technology behind DAO Dash, and the simplicity of the Discord UI.