DAO Dash team
Title: DAO Dash Season 3 Funding Request
Program Champion: paul_apivat#3817
Authors: paul_apivat, saulthorin, RunTheJewelz
Created Date: Dec 1, 2021
Submission Date: Dec 20, 2021
The mission of the DAO Dash project is to create data ingestion, storage and display mechanisms to consume and display analytics important for Bankless DAO decision making. The intent is to build a data store that will allow Analytics Guild members (or other data junkies within the DAO) to access and query information to provide insights that are meaningful to the community as a whole.
In Season 2, we provided insights in the areas of Member Engagement, Transaction Analysis, Governance, Coordination and Education to answer the following questions:
- How many weekly active members are there within the DAO by roles (i.e., L1, L2, guests)?
- What % of new members go on to obtain the “First Quest Complete” role? (First Quest)
- Of members who obtain the “First Quest Complete” role, how many are active after 1 day, 1 week, 1 month? (First Quest)
- What is the retention rate between those who complete First Quest vs those that do not?
- What do tipping patterns tell us about member engagement?
- Member Participation in Governance:
- What % of members vote on Snapshot? (DAO wide)
Grants & Rewards:
- How are funds distributed to and from various guilds, projects?
- What do Coordinape giving patterns tell us about Bankless DAO network health?
- What do tipping patterns tell us about Bankless DAO network health?
- What is the number of users who start and complete Academy course(s)?
- What is the number of mobile vs desktop users? (Academy)
Here’s a breakdown of the progress we made:
|How many weekly active members are there within the DAO by roles (i.e., L1, L2, guests)?||We have several measures of engagement including messages sent, attainment of roles and tips received.|
We also have role data available to compare engagement activity.
A discussion of the evolving nature of engagement metrics is detailed here.
See also this post discussing First Quest Data & KPIs.|
|What % of new members go on to obtain the “First Quest Complete” role? (First Quest)||
|Of members who obtain the “First Quest Complete” role, how many are active after 1 day, 1 week, 1 month? (First Quest)||
|What is the retention rate between those who complete First Quest vs those that do not?||
|What do tipping patterns tell us about member engagement?||
|Member Participation in Governance:|||
|What % of members vote on Snapshot? (DAO wide)||We have a dashboard detailing all Snapshot proposals, number of votes and amount of BANK allocated in voting. (link to dashboard)|
|Grants & Rewards:|||
|How are funds distributed to and from various guilds, projects?||We have a dashboard show Multi-sig Transaction Analysis and how funds flowed from Treasury to Grants Committee to various Guilds/Projects and individual contributors. (link to dashboard).
See also this post on Bankless Multisig Transaction Analysis.
Note: The Academy platform got stood up in Season 2 and we anticipate they will generate data in Season 3.|
|What do Coordinape giving patterns tell us about Bankless DAO network health?||
|What do tipping patterns tell us about Bankless DAO network health?||
|Academy Statistics: https://umami.bankless.community/share/mgBrxdrg/Bankless%20Academy||
For Season 3, we’ll continue to collect data that inform these metrics, while stabilizing public facing dashboards and reports.
For Season 3, our focus areas include:
- Analytics Reporting
- Stable Release of DAODash platform for Bankless DAO
- Onboard New Contributors
- Deploy to Pilot Partners
- Develop Revenue Strategy
Here is a detailed breakdown and associated tasks:
Prepare Analytics Reporting
Improve public accessibility
1. Make dashboards public view without login 1. Work with developers to create public dashboard integration with website 2. Streamline markdown reporting 3. Write additional forum posts explaining metrics
- Maintain list of Bankless DAO KPIs
- Handle mutable Discord states
1. Channels, channel names 2. User names 3. Roles 4. Voice state (refactor)
Prepare Stable Release for BanklessDAO
Improve analysts accessibility
1. Create index tables 2. Optimize existing SQL queries 3. Optimize current staging schema & views / develop new ones 4. Create scripts for markdown report generation
- Refractor, test and automate pipeline existing pipelines
1. Refractor current ETL pipeline 2. Write unit tests for existing pipelines (i.e., Discord, BANK Subgraph, Snapshot, Twitter) 3. Identify source data that needs replicating
- Build new pipelines
1. Build Coordinape pipeline 2. Build POAP pipeline 3. Build CollabLand pipeline (i.e., Discord numerical ID to ETH address) 4. Build Discourse pipeline
- Update architecture
1. Multi-tenancy and Guild IDs 2. Incorporating Discord Bot into Architecture 3. Prepare strategy for Web3 integration (login) 1. Ethereum wallet sign in 4. Define Decentralized Identity Layer (ref. Content Gateway) 5. Define Decentralized Data Layer (ref. Sobol / Degen)
- Prepare & Implement Data Governance Framework
1. Create SQL, Python, R snippet dictionary & general data dictionary 2. Create Permission Tier to access data 1. Community Leader 2. Power User 3. Investor 3. Develop framework for data privacy 4. Develop Peer Review / QA process for Data Integrity
Onboard New Contributors
Explore Trello for task management
Breakdown project into discrete, small tasks
Create bounties for the community to get involved
1. Document to earn 2. Analyze to earn 3. Learn to earn
Create Dashboard creation best practice document / video (i.e., Analyze to Earn)
Establish Knowledge Sessions (i.e., Learn to Earn)
Rollout with Pilot Partners
Deploy to DAO Punk Server
Develop collaboration with Team Sobol
Develop collaboration with CharlieDAO
Launch collaboration with Aragon
Develop Revenue Strategy
Develop business model for DAO Dash
Develop pricing models for Web3
Legal review of economics and Go To Market strategy with VC and investor interest
Identify commercial incentives before collaboration with various partners
Develop tokenomics strategy
Dashboards & Screenshots in Season 2
Here are selected screen shots and links to the dashboard(s):
Here are the project outcomes and KPIs for Season 3:
- Make dashboards accessible publishing for external views and explore new tools to compliment Apache Superset.
- Build 3-4 new pipelines (Coordinape, Discourse, POAP and CollabLand).
- Roll out to 2-3 Pilot Partners: Sobol, Aragon, MetricsDAO,
- Develop Revenue Strategy Document for review
- Turn DaoDash into a Dapp with Web3 logins (potentially gated by BANK or other tokens)
- Optimize and document existing dashboards in the areas of Engagement, Governance, Fund Flow (Rewards), Network Health and Education. This includes optimizing and refactoring code and developing unit tests for 4-5 existing pipelines.
- Onboard new contributors by creating: 1. Document to earn, 2. Analyze to earn and 3. Learn to earn strategies and creating bounties around these strategies.
- Develop Data Governance & Data Quality process and documentation
- Define Revenue Generation, Ownership and Legal entity US & International considerations
Program Term & Allocation
Season 3 Budget
|Roles||Area||Hours / Season||Rate||Total|
|Project Champion||Stakeholder||60||1000 BANK||60,000|
|Project Coordinator||PM||60||1000 BANK||60,000|
|Go-to market and tokenomics||Sales/Growth||60||1000 BANK||60,000|
|Data Engineering||Engineering||200||1000 BANK||200,000|
|Legal Review||Legal||10||1000 BANK||10,000|
|Development / DevOps||DevOps||240||1000 BANK||240,000|
Note: Season 3 budget has decreased 5% from last season. Support for go-to market, sales, and legal have been added.
Project channel: #dao-dash-project