Project Champion: monkeydlinks
Squad: monkeydlinks, memebrains
Purpose: public good
Affiliation: PM Guild, AV Guild
Date created: Sept 4, 2023
Date posted: Sept 4, 2023
Funds requested: 211,517 BANK
Project wallet(s): 0x74fa01a5D0ef8039f1E14F4d4C8f90e8602e07B4
- PROJECT TEASER
- FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS
- SEASONAL KPI
- FURTHER PROJECT CHANNELS
DAO O’Clock made up for the limited DAO-focused events at ETH Toronto by creating a happy-hour event at a nearby venue. 125 people signed up and 75 made an appearance, showing the desire for DAO-focused discussion.
DAO O’clock was a happy-hour event held during ETH Toronto on Aug 15, 2023. We decided to hold a DAO-focused event because ETH Toronto was lacking in DAO content, and wanted to create a space for DAO-focused discussion and networking.
We had 125 people sign up (that’s 125 email addresses interested in future Bankless events), over 75 attendees, and 21 people mint the attendance badge. Average attendee satisfaction was 8.7/10 (based on a form we sent after the event).
During the event, we recorded interviews with 7 prominent DAO builders attending ETH Toronto, and plan to release them on social media through BanklessDAO (and CityDAO).
Based on feedback from participants, DAO O’clock was a fun event that filled a gap in ETH Toronto’s event calendar. The following is our retrospective:
- A DAO-focused event was appreciated by event attendees who didn’t find much DAO-related programming at ETH Toronto.
- The venue was convenient for attendees.
- Attendees appreciated the snack provided, as there weren’t many restaurant options nearby.
- Taking videos during the event allowed us to create share-able DAO-focused content that we can cross-promo with ETH Toronto.
- Collaboration with CityDAO allowed us to pool resources to reduce costs and potentially increase marketing reach.
- We ran the event at the same time as Pizza DAO’s event, which effective halved both of our audiences. We could coordinate with other DAO events in the future.
- Attendees were unsure if the food met their dietary restrictions (signs were suggested).
- With more lead time, we could involve additional event sponsors including FWB or Nouns DAO.
- Sound quality of the videos was bad in a noisy environment - look to get better equipment next time.
We are requesting 211,517 BANK. A detailed budget can be found here: DAO O'Clock Expenses - Google Sheets
Compensation is for coordination, POAP design, and video editing. Details can be found in our budget spreadsheet.
- 8.7/10 average satisfaction
- 125 emails obtained for future events
- 75 attendees
- 21 attendee badges minted
- 7 interviews recorded
- 50% of venue, food, and drinks covered by CityDAO
This is the third BanklessDAO event I have run in Toronto, and the largest by far. This event brought BanklessDAO to the attention of the DeFi-focused blockchain community in Toronto, which is a positive step for our brand value. We hope to continue to run events in Toronto to help onboard more talent from Canada’s largest city onto the bankless mission.
We will also publish the interviews we recorded at the event through BanklessDAO and CityDAO channels.
- Eventbrite link: DAO O'clock - Events - CityDAO
- Nodeblocks event badge: DAO O'clock - Events - CityDAO
- AV Guild 1st cut video edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipaHzcJFuIY