[Draft 1] Season 4 Specification

:rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:PLEASE READ THE GOOGLE DOCUMENT. ALL CHANGES FROM SEASON 3 ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW. :rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:

SUMMARY

• Season 4 will start on Monday, May 2, 2022
  • Season 4 will end on Friday, July 29th, 2022
  • Formal gap week will be on the week of August 1st, 2022.
  • Season 4 will not include a cap on Project and Guild funding, though the Grants Committee will review budgets
  • In Season 4, BanklessDAO will start supporting Gelato Vaults BANK/ETH liquidity ERC20 tokens for membership access
  • Projects will have access to flexible funding
  • Flexible Guild and Project budgets will be subject to increased accountability constraints
  • Guild and Project budgets greater than 100,000 BANK will be requested to use KPIs, milestones, and reporting
  • Projects funded through the Grants Committee will be subject to increased accountability requirements
  • The Governance Solutions Engineering Team (GSET) will have the flexibility to modify the Seasonal Specification throughout the Season

NEXT STEPS & TIMELINE

• Season 4 Specification Draft #1 goes up Apr 8th :white_check_mark:
  • Gap Week: Apr 8th - 15th✅
  • Projects and guilds submit their budgets by Apr 19st
  • Grants Committee reviews proposals on Apr 20th
  • Season 4 Specification Draft #2 goes up Apr 21st
  • :zap: Season 4 Specification snapshot goes live Apr 21st
  • Projects and guilds review and re-submit their proposals on Apr 25th
  • Grants Committee nominations close Apr 21st
  • :zap: Grants Committee snapshot goes live Apr 22nd
  • Grants Committee reviews final round of submissions on Apr 26th
  • :zap: Project and Guild budgets snapshot goes live from Apr 29th
  • :partying_face: Season 4 Starts on May 2nd
  • BanklessHQ holds a twitter spaces event with BanklessDAO on the week of May 2nd

POLL

Move to Snapshop on April 21st?

• Yes
  • Needs Revisions

0 voters

3 Likes

According to Season 3 Spec

• Season 3 will start on Monday, January 10th, 2021
  • Season 3 will end on Friday, April 8th, 2021
  • BanklessDAO will hold a formal gap week between April 9th and April 15th.

Season 4 should start April 9th and start a fresh 13 weeks. from Apr 11th - July 12th

This proposal essentially creates a Gap of 3 weeks where either role holders wont get paid or the dao will be 3 weeks behind the guilds

2 Likes

Hi. I so want to be a part of this.

2 Likes

I agree that the timelines are a bit off. The biggest concern I have with starting S4 on April 9th is that the S4 Spec hasn’t been passed yet. I can see that starting a season without having budgets and funding determined wouldn’t be too much of an issue, but can we start a season without a spec?

1 Like

Sorry folks, I didn’t realize the Grants Committee elections for S4 had already taken place. Please disregard the following two items in the list above:

• Grants Committee nominations close Apr 21st
  • :zap: Grants Committee snapshot goes live Apr 22nd

The Grants Committee Snapshot for S4 and S5 closed on March 22nd.

my biggest concern is writing in a 3 week gap week where folks arent getting paid and the discord becomes a ghost town

2 Likes

It’s definitely an issue. I hope we can solve it by every project and guild requesting retro funding for this period as part of their S4 budget requests

1 Like

As @links said, bring it to the Grants Committee for remuneration needs!

Acknowledging that it is an additional lift.

1 Like

The problem is that we don’t have a choice - we have a governance process that we have to go through that takes time (budgets, specs, etc.) before we can distribute funding and start the new season.

Projects and Guilds can either do remuneration in their S4 budget or go to the Grants Committee for the additional runway to make up for the gap.

It’s not perfect but let’s please be thankful that Rowan, 3DHippy, and J.Berg stepped up to move this process forward when no one else did.

4 Likes