[DRAFT 1] Season 5 Specification

:rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light: PLEASE READ THE GOOGLE DOCUMENT LINKED HERE. ALL CHANGES FROM THE SEASON 4 SPECIFICATION ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN. :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light:

SUMMARY:

• Season 5 will start on Monday, August 8, 2022
  • Season 5 will end on Sunday, October 30, 2022
  • Formal gap week will be on the week of October 31, 2022
  • Governance Solutions Engineers will have the ability to change or replace the Seasonal Specification, subject to forum and/or Snapshot voting in order to implement the BanklessDAO Constitution & Community Handbook
  • The Grants Committee will receive increased compensation funding starting in Season 5
  • Seasonal Automatic Guild Funding will be implemented pending discourse on appropriate measures and considerations.
  • The way BanklessDAO distributes contributor rewards through Coordinape will change starting in Season 5.

NEXT STEPS & TIMELINE:

• Season 5 Specification Draft #1 goes up July 19th
  • Gap Week: July 30th - August 7th (including weekends)
  • Projects and guilds submit their budgets by July 13th
  • Grants Committee will work directly with applicants to finalize their proposals prior to the July 26th GC meeting.
  • Season 5 Specification Draft #2 goes up July 25th
  • :zap: Season 5 Specification snapshot goes live July 29th
  • Grants Committee to discuss any outstanding proposal issues during the July 26th meeting, and finalize prior to the July 29th Snapshot.
  • :zap: Project and Guild budgets snapshot goes live July 29th
  • :zap: Season 5 Specification snapshot goes live July 29th
  • :partying_face: Season 5 Starts on August 8th
  • BanklessDAO holds a twitter spaces event with BanklessHQ on August 12th

Move to Snapshot on July 29th?

• Yes, the DRAFT Season 5 Specification looks good to go.
  • No, this draft needs revision. See my comments below.

0 voters

7 Likes

The only place I feel is ishhy is the coordinape aspect, but going forward I’d love to see how the new process will improve coordinape.

4 Likes

Big shoutout and props to the team for putting this together again. A lot of work goes into this.

10 Likes

Please note, edits to this post on 19 July 2022:

• Corrected references to “Season 4” in the “Next Steps & Timeline” when they should have been “Season 5”
  • Changed the Grants Committee review process. Instead of an iterative review process (submit, feedback, submit), the GC will be actively working directly with applicants to finalize their proposals prior to the July 26th GC meeting. At this meeting, any outstanding proposal issues will be discussed and resolved prior to the July 29th funding Snapshot.
1 Like

I too have the same question. Im sure, as always, the interest of thebDAO will be tallied and accounted for.

2 Likes