Authors: Paulitobankless, Hypolithe
Editors: Oluwasijibomi, KingIBK
Wallet surplus: 90,500 BANK
Funds requested: 577,500 BANK
Multisig signers: Paulitobankless, Oluwasijibomi, KingIBK, Nikilbrawal, Thinkdecade, 0xzfi, Quietfox
One of the fundamental values upheld by the DAO is Education, and the Education Department assumes a pivotal role in onboarding new members to the DAO as well as maintaining a dynamic educational infrastructure for various entities within the organization, including guilds, departments, and projects.
The services offered to DAO Members and Units align with the core mission, vision, and values of the DAO, encompassing the following:
Live onboarding sessions for newcomers to the DAO
Practical training on DAO tools for all members
Knowledge Sessions covering DAO financial and governance infrastructure
Development of talent among educators
New members are introduced through the New Joiner Sessions, providing them with an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the people, projects, and processes within BanklessDAO. For those who are new to DAO environments, we provide essential information to facilitate a smooth start.
The Knowledge Session series is designed for members seeking to deepen their understanding of Web3 and DeFi, essential for effective engagement in web3 activities. Concurrently, the How-To series tailors its content to members aspiring to evolve into proficient DAO contributors, offering a continually evolving calendar of workshops to support their development.
|KPI Data Tracked by Type||S8||S9||Comments|
|# of How to Sessions [S8], [S9]||25||15+||S9 data based on 11/11/23 on or before|
|# of Added Sessions||3||3||How to Gitcoin, How to Snapshot, and How to Discourse (Forum)|
|Total # of attendees for New Joiner Sessions [NJS Data S8], [NJS Data S9]||38||24+||S9 data based on 11/11/23 on or before|
|# Events with Talent Development [S8], [S9]||20||10+||S9 data based on 11/11/23 on or before|
|# of Unique Attendees in How Tos [S8], [S9]||31||24+||S9 data based on 11/11/23 on or before|
|# of New teachers onboarded||2||3||S9 data based on 11/11/23 on or before|
In Season 8, amidst a noticeable dearth of new members in our Discord community, our focus shifted towards enhancing the skills of our existing educators. Over the course of the season, two instructors underwent a comprehensive training and improvement process for their courses.
However, Season 9 witnessed a decline in overall engagement, prompting a strategic redirection of our efforts. Our emphasis shifted towards the creation of new courses and the systematic upskilling and training of our teaching staff. Notably, two new instructors were successfully onboarded during this season, contributing to the expansion and diversification of our educational offerings.
Operational enhancements were implemented to augment the overall learning experience.
- Our Live Sessions Calendar, now functioning as an asynchronous educational library, provides participants with easy access to materials by clicking on specific calendar events.
- Additionally, a platform transition from Zep to Google Meet was executed for new joiner sessions, prioritizing accessibility and mitigating connectivity issues.
- The marketing department played a pivotal role in maintaining visibility for our educational sessions, leveraging platforms such as Twitter to effectively promote our initiatives.
- In response to the evolving landscape, new courses were introduced, encompassing topics like “How to Gitcoin,” “How to Snapshot,” and “How to Discourse (Forum).”
- Acknowledging the significance of community support, we streamlined the process for donations through our Spect.Network feedback forms. Not only does this facilitate financial contributions, but it also allows us to incentivize attendees through the distribution of Kudos, providing on-chain credentials that recognize and reward active participation.
- These strategic adjustments and operational highlights underscore our commitment to continuous improvement, ensuring that our community remains a vibrant and enriching space for learning and collaboration.
- Community Call 18th August.pptx - Google Slides
- Community Call 11th August.pptx - Google Slides
- Community Call 4th August.pptx - Google Slides
- Community Call 28th July.pptx - Google Slides
- Community Call 21st July.pptx - Google Slides
- Community Call 14th July.pptx - Google Slides
- Community Call 30th June.pptx - Google Slides
- Community Call 16th June.pptx - Google Slides
- Increase the number of new joiners attending the new joiners session.
- Create an onboarding road map for new members coming into the DAO
- Involve talent coordinators of various guilds for the New Joiner sessions to aid in the onboarding of new folks into various DAO units.
- Migrate the New Joiners session back to the Discord server.
- Increase the number of participants attending the How to sessions and knowledge sessions.
- Develop new courses on new tools and protocols used in the DAO.
- Add New Joiners session materials and quizzes on the How to sessions to the bDAO onboarding site.
- Onboard and upskill new teachers.
The expected expenditure for S9 is 590,000 BANK
Cuurent expenditure as at November 11, 2023 = 294,000 BANK
The department does not receive any external revenue or funding.
Role salaries: 400,000 BANK
Bounty expenses: 268,000 BANK
|New Joiner Sessions (8 per season at 9000 BANK each)||72,000|
|How-To Sessions (49 per season at 4,000 BANK each)||196,000|
Total BANK: 668,000 BANK
S9 left over: 90,500 BANK
Total seasonal funding request: 577,500 BANK
- Meeting prep and facilitation for the Weekly Sync and Working sessions
- Strategic course planning and course development
- Accounting, reporting, and member activity tracking
- Scheduling of events on Live Sessions Calendar, including NJS
- Update templates with teacher reviews
- Manage Notion Kanban
- Serve as contact point between department and the DAO
- Take care of seasonal funding proposal
- Host feedback reviews
- Assist the Department Coordinator in tracking member activity
- Steward Weekly Sync occasionally and when Coordinator is unavailable
- New teacher onboarding
- Get breakout room training if they don’t have
- Provide mentorship to breakout room facilitators and presenters in the NJS
- Familiarize with Praise thread and Kanban onboarding process
- Learn how to manage Notion pages for events
- Attend and participate in weekly sync and work meetings (work priority)
- Creation of feedback forms and Kudos; reporting of feedback data (weekly report)
- Payment tracking and processing for tasks/NJS
- Assist with treasury accounting
- Safe/Multi-sig management
- Upkeep of Education Department Notion pages
- Write, respond, and follow up on Discourse polls and posts
- Attend and participate in Weekly Sync
- Back-up facilitator for Weekly Sync
- Creation of marketing content for educational sessions to be delivered to the marketing department.
- Create “Journal” and post Learning Opportunities update
- Community Call prep and slide presenter
- Assist the Admin coordinator where needed
- Manage NJS events in Notion calendar and fill in properties
- Add events to Sesh Bot Calendar
- Attend and participate in Weekly Sync
List your key members and the roles they play
Paulitobankless (Operations Coordinator)
Oluwasijibomi (Adminstrative Coordinator)
Hypolithe (Operations Understudy)
Kigibk (Administrative Understudy)
Ornellaweb3 (NJS /Onboarding)
OIT (Research & Design)
Sakeenah (Research & Design
- Yes of course
- No, I disagree
- Abstain, here’s why