Authors : thinkDecade #7181, Ap0ll0517:black_flag:, Quietfox
Date created and posted : 07-07-2022
Multi-sig: eth: [0xcF8422021b408B32983B525778CE45420715f094]
The Education Guild is requesting 755,000 BANK for seasonal funding from BanklessDAO for Season 5. below are the detailed specifications of the funding request.
In Season 5, the guild will continue to decentralize the remuneration process by keeping the paid roles up for everyone to contribute via workgroups. The focus for this season will continue to be inner-DAO education on contributing within the BanklessDAO as well as towards operating in web3.
MISSION & VALUES ALIGNMENT
The Education Guild plays a pivotal role in the Bankless mission. Our main focus is to focalize the organization of the guild, the nourishment of talent, and the coordination of necessary labor required for DAO operations and governance.
-Liquidity and Liquidity Pool 101
-Lending and Borrowing in Defi
-Uniswap and Bank
How to sessions
-How to Sesh
-How to Coordinape
-How to Collab.land
-How to Sobol
New Joiner Session
In season 4, the education guild took full charge of the DAO’s one-on-one onboarding sessions after the project champions of the could not continue due to lack of bandwidth. Since then, the guild has organized over 4 successful onboarding sessions for new members throughout season 4. Education Guild has made the New Joiner Session a one-stop easy to get plugged-in platform for all new DAO members and old members who have been overwhelmed with activities and couldn’t effectively contribute.
Season 5 focus.
The guild will continue to educate DAO members through knowledge sessions and How-to sessions. One notable thing the guild will add to its knowledge session is Governance know-hows. The guild will hold sessions to educate the DAO on some of the key improvements coming out of the Governance solution Engineer(GSE) program. Example - dissecting BanklessDAO Improvement Proposals - bDIP.etc.
S5 - Governance & Operations
Cross-guild Coordinator + Promoter
Priority alignment: Offer support to DAO-wide educational projects
An example of the responsibility this workgroup is to assist the Solidity Learning team scale their cohort style course.
- Identify educational projects that would benefit from help from education guild talent.
- Lead the support effort for the identified projects
- Provide feedback on educational requirements for DAO-wide projects
- Work together with the education guild talent coordinators to find and staff talent for DAO-wide projects.
- Be the main point of contact for other guilds who are currently using education guild resources and talent, and for those who want to use education guild resources and talent.
Priority alignment: Promoting our work
Champion Role Qualifications - a passion for developing products, a desire to marketing educational products, and the ability to work well in teams.
- Work together with other role holders to gain awareness of all educational projects and resources in BanklessDAO
- Explore options for publicizing all scheduled workshops, available resources, and projects
- Lead the development of a solution to make all educational resources accessible and discoverable
- Share wins on weekly education calls and community calls
Season 4 successes from CrossGuild Workgroup:
We began building the process of aligning incentives for a network of Crossguild “Spiders” to seek out other guilds and projects and report back to edu on what their upcoming educational needs there might be.
With eight Spiders in our network reporting back, we have a base to build on for Season 4; by leveraging the information they bring back, we will help the Education Workgroup develop educational workshops to address those needs. We plan to leverage the Spider network again in Season 5 for promoting said workshops in guild and project meetings across bDAO.
Retrospective analysis in the final weeks of season three revealed inefficiencies in Spider network reporting mechanisms which were addressed by streamlining the reporting and remuneration process for spiders using structures developed by Research Guild.
Lead Talent Coordinator
Priority alignment: Encourage and develop members
- Develop a training doc outlining the key skills of a strong talent coordinator
- Build and train a team of talent coordinators
- Take personal ownership of new members by getting to know them, discovering their passions, and getting them started in projects that fit their interests.
- Offer support to the rest of the guid roles by scouting and providing talent where needed.
- Maintain contact with members to provide support if and when necessary
- Delegate work to members, where necessary, to ensure smooth onboarding of new members
Priority alignment: Educate the DAO on how to navigate the DAO and Knowledge of Defi.
This person should be able to organise and ensure that knowledge is exchanged. They should
have project and organisational skills and preferable educational skills. This is a new world and everyone needs to have the knowledge on how to navigate it.
Role Qualifications - a passion for members, a sense of care for members, and experience in education.
- Actively drive development of educational products
- Identify opportunities to educate BanklessDAO members
- Work together with talent coordinators to staff projects
- Work together with the cross-guild project coordinator to support and promote existing education projects and teams
Season 4 successes from Education Workgroup
Season 4 was an experiment on the new structure that was proposed. This structure is still a work in progress. Education WG had a 2 fold mandate for Season 4. One to start ‘How to’ session to teach the New Members how the DAO uses the tools of the DAO. We have implemented 4 ‘How to’ sessions ( Sesh, Coordinape, Collab.land and Degen). The second mandate was to start ‘ Knowledge Sessions’ that will teach people how to use Defi Skills using the Skill Cube as a foundation. In Season 4 we have completed 3 Knowledge sessions ( Liquidity and Liquidity Pools 101/Lending and Borrowing in Defi/ Uniswap and Bank). We will continue to add new sessions in Season 5.
Priority alignment - The glue
- Possess awareness of DAO and guild governance procedures
- Assist others to navigate governance processes
- Be responsible for upholding governance processes
- Represent the guild in any governance-related activities
- Raise awareness for changes in governance
- Update Notion and Discord channels with new information
- Organize and facilitate weekly meetings
- Act as a reliable point of contact for general guild matters
- Provide guild updates on Weekly DAO CC
- Possess awareness of all guild-related activities and assist in removing any blockers
- Track incoming and outgoing transactions from guild’s multi-sig
- Track reimbursements due to guild members for remuneration
- Report guild spending to Treasury Guild
The Education Guild voted and approved to allocate 200,000 BANK to a Coordinape round at the end of season 4. The Coordinape round will be open to all members, including Guest Pass holders. In Season 5, we will repeat this process of rewarding guild members for actively participating and contributing to the guild’s ongoing success. We hope to allocate the same amount of 200,000 BANK for this purpose.
Education guild will not request any funding for miscellaneous expenses.
We anticipate the following expenditures during Season 5:
Governance & Operations 555,000 BANK
Recognition 200,000 BANK
Total Spending 755,000 BANK
Recognition expenditures are anticipated to occur within Coordinape rounds.
Governance and operations expenditures are anticipated to be broken into workgroups as follows:
SUCCESS METRICS OR KPIS
The overall guild success metrics and KPIs is seen in the respective success metrics and KPIs of each of the workgroups that operate the Guild.
All our KPIs are measured over time with season 4 setting the baseline. All KPIs can be found HERE, and will be measured across the next several seasons to track improvements.
The TL:DR of the KPIs are to ensure that there are revolving Education session to learn about all the tools the DAO has to offer and to learn about Defi Skill ( referencing the Skill Cube)
In Season 5 Edu Guild is proposing learning sessions to highlight the proposals coming out of the GSE that will affect the way the DAO runs going forward.
CrossGuild Coordination and Promotion Workgroup:
KPIs are primarily based on leveraging the network and can be found HERE.
Admin workgroup success metrics and KPIs
Talent Coordinator Workgroup
We believe that onboarding members onto the guild along with their smooth transition and settlement in suitable roles is our goal. Please find out KPIs here.
- Approve budget
- Disapprove budget ( comment below)